Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what a suspension overhaul cost? I have a 2002 and she is a rough rider. Any good national shops that does this work?

Thanks,

Taurcedes

[edit]no one needs to see that ugly picture, don't post it please[/edit]

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE (taursadise @ May 24 2010, 11:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806501
Does anyone know what a suspension overhaul cost? I have a 2002 and she is a rough rider. Any good national shops that does this work?

Thanks,

Taurcedes

[edit]no one needs to see that ugly picture, don't post it please[/edit][/b]

That would depend on what you want done. There is much more to a suspension overhaul that may need to be done on your car. Here's a list off the top of my head. For an estimate, go to the RockAuto website, price the parts then double it for labor...personally, I would do it for less, but you don't get a national guarantee!

Quickstruts front and rear
Front Ball Joints
Front Lower Control Arms
Front Subframe Bushings
Front Endlinks
Front Sway Bar Bushings

Rear Endlinks
Trailing Arm Bushings
Rear Suspension Control Arm Bushings
Rear Caster/Camber Bolt Kit
Rear Caster/Camber Bushing
Rear Camber Toe Bushing

And of course a good 4 wheel alignment...Oh, and by the way, it would definitely be a stiffer ride....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up 4 struts for my '01 Taurus SE and the prices were $115 front/$95 rear for sens-a-trac struts. (these are Canadian prices) Doing front brakes at the same time and they are $40/rotor and $65 for pads. Steering and control arm bushings are fine for now. Take a look at your boots and spring blocks when you do the struts. You can most likely reuse the old ones, but make sure to replace cracked or torn ones. Hope this helps.
ps. these prices are for the strut towers, I have to reuse the springs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What do you mean she's a rough rider? Explain the symptoms. I would generally avoid giving a shop (let alone a national chain type shop) an open bill to replace everything. Most likely they will charge you 1500 to 2000 for something like this. Depending on the milage of your car, your car maybe only worth 3000. So if I were you I would debate whether to dish out that kind of dough...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm not going to offer any guidance for your suspension issues, but I have to ask, what's with the Gorn you have pictured?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts