Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my suspension, as the car has near 150,000 miles on it. It's a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan with the 3.0 Duratec engine.

What are my options (brands) for replacement, including OEM and upgraded options?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
A set of MOOG springs and Monroe Sensatrac Struts, along with MOOG endlinks and sway bar bushings..

another option is Monroe quick struts, which come with the spring on the strut already..

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
well if you want to go modified i like my setup quite a bit.
kyb gr-2 struts with eibach springs
and a 24/26mm sway bar combo

handles much better then stock and it takes out the huge front wheel gap
i think it cost me about 700 for all of this and i put it all in myself

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jul 6 2009, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737426
A set of MOOG springs and Monroe Sensatrac Struts, along with MOOG endlinks and sway bar bushings..

another option is Monroe quick struts, which come with the spring on the strut already..[/b]
you beat me lol anyway i was going to ask do the MOOG bushings come with the little metal brackets to mount it to the body/subframe? if not you will need some from a gen 3

i ran into that problem cause the bushings on the 2000 model (idk about newer?) are one piece and are welded together not reusable or removable without cutting

·
Registered
797 Posts
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737431

i think it cost me about 700 for all of this and i put it all in myself[/b]
Hi Sable23,

I assume you have a sedan?
i know you are satisfied with the Eibachs lowering kit with the GR-2's.
How would you compare how the ride (comfort) and handling has changed overall to your stock suspension set up. I am thinking about Eibachs for my wagon but it may be an apples to oranges comparison if you have a sedan. There is no rear sway bar upgrade for the gen 3 wagon so I am stuck with the 14mm in the rear.

I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who has installed the Eibach's lowering springs in a wagon.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know at the auto parts store I work at,we push the KYB GR-2 shocks. With a life time guarantee,a decent price and performance.You can't go wrong.
Here's the part #'s check them out.

Sedan -- 334293 (front left)
334292 (front right)
334294(rear r/l)

Wagon -- 334293 (front left)
334292 (front right)
344434 (rear r/l)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
QUOTE (nbpt100 @ Jul 6 2009, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737481
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737431

i think it cost me about 700 for all of this and i put it all in myself[/b]
Hi Sable23,

I assume you have a sedan?
i know you are satisfied with the Eibachs lowering kit with the GR-2's.
How would you compare how the ride (comfort) and handling has changed overall to your stock suspension set up. I am thinking about Eibachs for my wagon but it may be an apples to oranges comparison if you have a sedan. There is no rear sway bar upgrade for the gen 3 wagon so I am stuck with the 14mm in the rear.

I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who has installed the Eibach's lowering springs in a wagon.
[/b][/quote]

i guess it would be compairable to going from a gen 4 set up to a gen 3 set up only it handles better. its not as rough as i thought it would be but it is rougher then the stock set up. but i drove a friends '08 altima and that thing rode really harsh even compaired to my sable

i would also like to point out that many of the napa springs struts and sets also have a lifetime warrenty and are probably cheaper then alot of others. just like alot of people dont know that napa tools also carry lifetime warrenties and are made by the same manufacterer as craftsman (at least this is what my dad tells me, he is manager at my local napa store)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have eibachs on my gen 2 wagon, with monroe sensatraks...the ride is very bouncy. You would definitely need a better shock/strut combination.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your helpful input. I didn't realize that Eibach/KYB made suspension parts for the Taurus. I will probably go that route simply because I'm familiar with that setup from a past vehicle.

·
Registered
797 Posts
QUOTE (cfamilyfix @ Jul 7 2009, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737588
I have eibachs on my gen 2 wagon, with monroe sensatraks...the ride is very bouncy. You would definitely need a better shock/strut combination.[/b]
According to Eibach website they designed the springs to work with OEM shocks. However they do add that they may wear out sooner than typical so they recommend a premium shock or strut. Did you install new sensitracks when you installed the Eibachs? Mayby your struts are worn hence the bouncy ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts