Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pull a part on Sat or Sun and getting a digital cluster for my gen 2. While im at im going to attempt to talk my dad into yanking a supercharger from a Thunderbird SC while im there. Just to have it for later. My question is how do i take it off, what tools do I need, how much time it should take for someone whos never messed with a supercharger before and should i steal the belt while i at. Thanx to all that reply. Also its a 95 Gl. And also agian im going sat or sunday definaly so replys to this by like sat morning or friday night would be awesome. Thanx later

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not to brite

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
It personally doesn't sound like you have the experience to perform a mod of this nature..

DMX and myself (to name two) are very knowledgable with supercharging and are having difficulties supercharging our 3.8L bulls.

I am even considering doing a naturally aspirated stroker motor because of the difficulties.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I know everything there is know for the most part about engines and high performance, also Im a very skilled welder, but yet ive never done this before. It doesnt seem too hard in theory, but I know itll get worse every hour.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also wouldnt b going on for a while

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah, a good welder! Excellent. I'm learning myself- TIG. The welds work right now, just that they aren't too pretty. It could also be that I'm welding aluminum and not steel... Aluminum is a pain in the a**... you have any suggestions as to how to "coax" two pieces of aluminum to come together to start a bead? I just throw filler in until it spills over and joins the two pieces, but it leaves some nasty looking tacks. That and the overall weld is just ugly... Practice makes perfect I guess.

But anyway, ganking an SC from a car shouldn't be too difficult (ha ha...). I'm guessing though that you'll basically need to unbolt the blower from the motor, which will require you to take along a decent set of ratchets/wrenches. I'm not sure if the bolts will be standard or metric, you may want to check up on that, but I'm thinking they'd be metric. I'm assuming the SC is in an accessible place too, but I've never seen the car before, so I can't really tell you for certain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts