Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha ha now that i got your attention i would like to see some videos of you people that have put a SC on your taurus or sable ive seen a few but i would like to see more plz post them and it might motivate me to SC mine or put two KO3 turbos (off a 1.8t VW or Audi) on my car

91 LX 3.8

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are all good videos but not 3.8 and that is what i have those videos motivate me to buy a SHO which i know of a wrecked one in a yard that i can steall the subframe wireing and engine from but i would still need the MTX trans

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Here's a supercharged 3.8L running on the dyno.. Just close your eyes and pretend its a taurus..

Hehe, its my Thunderbird SC..

Dyno Run

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is it just me or is the shocago.com link not working anymore?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jul 18 2004, 02:26 PM
Is it just me or is the shocago.com link not working anymore?
Nope, your right. Didn't work for me either. Got the big 404 Not Found error <_<

·
Registered
478 Posts
same for me, linkie no worky...those scco vids though.......love the sound of that.........makes me wanna by a sc.....hmmm..... :uptosumpn:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Hahahaha! That was great!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
cool, got any more vids of that?

·
Registered
142 Posts
No doubt thats a cool video, and a supercharged Vulcan has been around for a while. But its a Vulcan Ranger, which of course is oriented front to back to facilitate rear wheel drive, and doesnt help us much. There are some other differences between the Ranger Vulcan and the Taurus Vulcan, but I dont know of them off the top of my head. I dont beleive that that SC will mate with the Taurus Vulcan. The only two people that I know of that have actually supercharged a 3.8 are DMX and Malvin. Malvin seems to have disappeared. I believe that both Malvin and DMX have had significant issues with their setups, and I think that Malvin switched back to N/A. If you want to supercharge your vehicle, I think that a centrifugal supercharger is the way to go. It can be mounted either in line with the belts, or on the side by the TB, I've seen both setups. Switching from N/A to forced induction is a mammoth undertaking, and is more of a test of your wallet than a test of feasability. Remember that if you do manage to supercharge your taurus, you will have to trouble shoot and "tune" the engine, as the computer will not facilitate positive MAF pressure. There are numerous other obstacles which would have to be overcome. I dont mean to be negative, and more power to you if you are serious about SC'ing your car. I personally prefer the power curve that an N/A engine gives you to that of forced induction. If you truly intend to SC your vehicle, good luck, and feel free to draw on the TCCA community for answers to your questions.
~~Maverick~~

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
You have DMX to thank for this.......looks really cool......believe his car is a 92 LX.....might be wrong on the year though...

DMX's  Pegleg Burnout
:notworthy: :D (ps 95 LX)

About that vulcan video..badass :)
How come it sounds like that though? Thats the sound mine makes when you manually force the bypass valve closed? Maybe its just the inverted blower setup :)

About that dyno chart
I can only hope i'm even remotely in the area :) i'd be happy with 230hp/340tq to the wheels :D (notice which part i care the most about :D )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts