Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

supercharger on 13 taurus?

24K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RR_jr 
#1 ·
Is it possible to put a centrifugal supercharger on my taurus limited? I wanna do a different build then everyone else has for the taurus. Plus I'm more of a fan of a supercharger then turbos

#3 ·
Yea that's true. But do u know the cost in your opinion? Im looking to spend around 8k. What custom things would have to be. I'm a newbie at this stuff. But I have read a lot. But I can't seem to find a possible installer that's would be reliable and not rip me off

#4 ·
You're going to have to go boldly where no one has gone before. If BPD didn't have a suggestion, I highly doubt anyone else here will.

#7 ·
I am unaware of installer's myself that would tackle such a project.

I'll go out on a limb though & mention that $8k "seems about right" as far as a price point for both the SC as well as it's (general) install.

HOWEVER.....

You have to keep in mind that although just slapping on an SC may result in power increases, but what I think you're overlooking is all the ancillary work that would traditionally be commensurate with such a build.

I.E. beefing up bottom end, internals, possible drivetrain, suspension, adding addt'l cooling equip etc.

Now you factor in all the plumbing work, electrical, custom brackets, etc. WOW!

I would revisit your desired investment goal(s) & reevaluate your estimate.

It would be interesting seeing results come to fruition that's for sure.

Prepare yourself to perform plenty of phone calls, inquiries, etc. to various vendors in the industry, & get ready for the roller coaster ride that lies ahead.

I suspect I won't be the only one standing on the periphery watching your results become reality.

Use the force young man! :thumb:

#8 ·
Plan on $5-$8k in new parts. Plan on just as much in labor. That will be the killer.

It is a lot of work as you would need to make brackets to support the supercharger and a tensioner for the belt. You would need to work out the oil system and electronics. Also you will need to get tuned and fuel upgrades.

I would go to car shows and talk to people who have had work done on their cars and see who they recommend. I would talk to different mechanics and see if they recommend anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.