Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it is posible to do this on my truck wich is a vulcan to. here is the question do you guys think it would be posible to fabricate a bracket to hold this super and put it were your ac pump goes on the taurus. i know i can on the ranger but was unsure on the taurus? any ways been playing with some ideas and the super at boosthead.com cost to much for my ranger. so i was thinking of this one link below. any ways some one brought up header for the 3.0 and i was thinking do you guy think this will fit? if so it may help some one out. super chargeing their ride lol's

Kraftwerks USA Products

·
Registered
671 Posts
i know it is posible to do this on my truck wich is a vulcan to. here is the question do you guys think it would be posible to fabricate a bracket to hold this super and put it were your ac pump goes on the taurus. i know i can on the ranger but was unsure on the taurus? any ways been playing with some ideas and the super at boosthead.com cost to much for my ranger. so i was thinking of this one link below. any ways some one brought up header for the 3.0 and i was thinking do you guy think this will fit? if so it may help some one out. super chargeing their ride lol's

Kraftwerks USA Products
I wouldn't. Centrifugal superchargers give you a nice boost up high, but due to their exponential nature, you don't get much boost down low. You actually might lose some power because your engine has to suck air past the slow-moving restriction. I hate to be a downer, but if you can't fit a twin-screw charger or a turbo, then go with a bottle of NOS. Centrifugal chargers, to me, are like neon lights underneath the car.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Yes, you can do it if you try hard enough.

Yes, you'll blow the tranny in very short order, so get a spare and have it built up stronger, plus get a beefed up torque converter with brazed internals.

If you are going to drop $2000.00 on a head unit, you can do better than rice toys - Go here -
SuperchargersOnline.com :: Supercharger Head Units
These guys rock for self contained units -
ProCharger Superchargers

·
Registered
111 Posts
you can do like i did for a while. i did the ebay electric turbo which gave out a meer 3 lbs of boost but it powered me enuf to beat a BMW i series off the line haha he was mad.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I just got an email from SHOSource that the turbo prototype fabrication has commenced...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got an email from SHOSource that the turbo prototype fabrication has commenced...
that would be cool to get a shosource turbo set up. i may leave it up to the pro's for now. on the Taurus because of the advanced tuning needed to get it done. on a side note i was told on a rice forum that domestics are slow is the reason there is no after market. funny thing is this come from a ford engineer you can turbo or super charge any engine you want .with getting the same power gains from engine to engine of about 25-75 % more then oem . depending on the mass of air forced in to the engine like cooler air has more mass of oxygen etc..

an other side note is sounds like i was being discriminated against for liking domestics. this is some of the tactics they use along with lying to people on the web and paying people to make false statement etc.. is not the way i would want to live knowing i have to lie about a product to sell it. if you went and did a google a year ago for car complaint about your car you would find barely any thing wrong with the Taurus except the regular salt rusting problems. now a year later all the lie these rice loving people post about are cars makes me think i am glad i do not own a import or a foreign owned companies car. most of all with all the recalls up lately.

any ways sorry for the rant this is were i get fed up with info giving forums it is all the bull you have to sort threw sorry i am not talking tcca. this is one of the best oin the web. just noticing some of the bull about cars make me want to leave. some times it is worth less to even talk on those forums.

·
Registered
671 Posts
that would be cool to get a shosource turbo set up. i may leave it up to the pro's for now. on the Taurus because of the advanced tuning needed to get it done. on a side note i was told on a rice forum that domestics are slow is the reason there is no after market. funny thing is this come from a ford engineer you can turbo or super charge any engine you want .with getting the same power gains from engine to engine of about 25-75 % more then oem . depending on the mass of air forced in to the engine like cooler air has more mass of oxygen etc..

an other side note is sounds like i was being discriminated against for liking domestics. this is some of the tactics they use along with lying to people on the web and paying people to make false statement etc.. is not the way i would want to live knowing i have to lie about a product to sell it. if you went and did a google a year ago for car complaint about your car you would find barely any thing wrong with the Taurus except the regular salt rusting problems. now a year later all the lie these rice loving people post about are cars makes me think i am glad i do not own a import or a foreign owned companies car. most of all with all the recalls up lately.

any ways sorry for the rant this is were i get fed up with info giving forums it is all the bull you have to sort threw sorry i am not talking tcca. this is one of the best oin the web. just noticing some of the bull about cars make me want to leave. some times it is worth less to even talk on those forums.
Domestics aren't slow. Granted, the new Nissans and Hyundais can push between 250-300 hp on relatively lighter cars, but I'm sure you've heard of the Camaro, the Mustang, the Crovette, and the Viper. They're domestic. A stock 2010 Taurus with 350 hp? Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but the fact is, there is tons of aftermarket options for little 4-bangers, and not so much for generic American V6's. Why? Our cars don't need a stage 3 turbo system and a 6-speed manual to get up a hill.

(although the vulcan needs some encouragement to get out of it's own way)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Domestics aren't slow. Granted, the new Nissans and Hyundais can push between 250-300 hp on relatively lighter cars, but I'm sure you've heard of the Camaro, the Mustang, the Crovette, and the Viper. They're domestic. A stock 2010 Taurus with 350 hp? Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but the fact is, there is tons of aftermarket options for little 4-bangers, and not so much for generic American V6's. Why? Our cars don't need a stage 3 turbo system and a 6-speed manual to get up a hill.

(although the vulcan needs some encouragement to get out of it's own way)

that is a good point not many of the foreign owned car companies produce v-6's let alone a v-8's they have them granted. but do not produce them in the mass number that we do. i think it is the lack of open roads in their countries. but as you can see were are government is pushing car companies like ford to go green. by replacing v8's with a v6's and v6's with 4 bangers like the Eco boost motors. i think it is a good step most of all in cars like the mustang and sho. but what about cars that are meant to haul boats trailer etc... over long distances. in fact i think they are trying out the ecoboost for trail in the mustang and other cars. right now to see public reaction. i think it is a good point but has it limitation just got to wait and see though.

and on to another point it's the fact of the lack of after market for the Taurus. i think the people at tcca are real tuners compared to just slapping on a big box store turbo kit and being happy. fact is it has been done before so how is it original lol's for stuff like the s2000 etc.. /imports this is were the market is just pitiful with people dreaming they are tuning a car when it has been done before. anyways they do not make a air in take for are Taurus but i got one on mine lol's same with a exhaust etc... but ya it is the lack of after market parts as you can see. i thin kit would be cool for sho source to make a kit but if it went to more places then it should it would wreck my opionion about tuning the taurus. i would have to look for another car domestic of course lol's...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts