Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well wipple now sells a SUpercharger kit for the Vulcan Ranger so it might work in a Taurus with some modding so Email them and ask them to Make a Kit for the Vulcan Taurus it wouldn't be that hard, the SC bolt patter should be the same and the Taurus does outsell the ranger if I'm not mistaken

[email protected]

[email protected]

email them both remember we did get the bodykit done by mass emailing

·
Registered
60 Posts
ANyone in the Seattle area with a 3.0L Taurus? I can get an intake to do trial fittings, and will soon have a Whipple to replace the TKT Frankencharger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are already two people who have put the whipple supers on their Rangers with the 3.0L engine and they said it is unreal the difference in overall power the engine gains. and plus it looks sweet as well.

If I had 2500 or so to shell out I would get one and slap it on my Ranger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got my first Negative Reply from Whipple

George,
Thank you for your interest, but at this time we design kits that Ford would like us to supercharge. Maybe someday in the future we will look into the Taurus market, but not at this time.
Shonda

I replied in Kind--

Shonda,
I don't mean to turn this into a long going arguement but shouldn't this be about what the consumer wants, not what Ford want's us to have, do you want a contractor to build you a house and then tell Ikea what kind of furniture you can & can't put in it. From January- August 2003 the Taurus sold around 220,000 times last year, (the 8th best selling vehicle in the us nearly 100,000 more than the Ranger) and that's just one part of a year, the Taurus has had the vulcan for a long time now there is a possible client base of over 1,000,000 for a Taurus kit I'd take those odds anyday. <_<

·
Registered
350 Posts
They're not going to say yes. Guys, instead of complaining and fighting a losing battle why don't you make the supercharger kit that bolts onto the same damn motor as yours work on your damn car?! Do you really need a completely seperate kit or are you just wanting to show everyone how good you are at convincing people to think that the Taurus folks are a bunch of argumentive, ignorant kids?

This just goes to show my point. Everyone will talk about things but no one will do them. The Ranger kit will fit on your car with some minor modifications and tuning.

Exactly how many people have purchased the body kit that "everybody wanted"?

Please mods, don't delete this. I'll publicly offer my service here. Someone buy a kit, and I will talk with you on the phone for hours on end until you have it running on your car. If you can't get it running because it's not physically possible, I will then buy the kit from you at your full purchase price.

There is an invitation for someone to stick their money where their mouth is. I'd sure love to see a S/C'd vulcan around.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Whipple actually makes it very easy to make a custom supercharger setup anyways since they have the cut sheets of all their blowers so you can have mounts made before you even have the blower, or just see if it will FIT under your hood.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Supercoupe lower intake, blower, and all associated plumbing (fuel & air) are all direct boltup to your car. Get em' on and tuned and make sure you drop the boost a little. Craig (DMX on the forum) knows everything you could ever want to know about this and a little more. :huh:

Common all the Vulcan guys that have this in the plans! Take me up on my offer. Make me eat my words!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd love to if someone would tell me what the hell to do with the Mount bracket for the alternator it sits right over the belt and pulley(2000 vulcan), that would be why you need a kit, and what ever boost control and electronics is nedded, if I had the resources to make my own kit I would be and I'd be selling them, why dont one of you who's always saying it's so easy, make some kits and sell them

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mikey,

ok.. tell me where to start, ive been kicking this idea around for a while now, was gunna buy a sho for "fun" car, but now i might go against it.

Would i start with a supercharger from whipple for the ranger? or do i start with engine internals?

Tell me where to start and I will tell you when i have the necessary parts. Im not rich so it will take some time. but im willing and half mechanically inclined =]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Would a taurus transmission be able to handle extra power from a supercharger? what could be done to strenghten it, if it can be strengthened, but if not, i don't see how a supercharger would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
As soon as I clear some of my credit card debt, which looks like sometime after Christmas, I'll have enough credit for a Ranger whipple kit. BTW, I had a 2002 Ranger Vulcan dropped in my 97 with no problems except for a small wiring hinderance, the speed sensor wire was about 6 inches too short. other than that, no probs and I'll be looking at a direct bolt on with this whipple kit, provided it'll fit under the hood. As far as the body kit goes, it hasn't gotten here yet. So hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be runnin around with a SC and a bodykit on my Vulcan (that's the plan).

EDIT- Or, if it's cheaper, I can try to get one of the Probe kits!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More back and forth from whipple

\

this is from Kyle Blackmon at whipple

The reason they sold so many was because rent a car companys bought them.There is no market for them if you want you can always pay for a 1 off kit it will cost about 50000.00 if you want call me at the shop and we can talk about a 1 off kit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What an ass 50k for that I could pay 8 shops to do it for me

my response

\
wow only 50,000 for that I could put myself through some tech courses and serve the customers instead of corporation interests (ie ford) obviously why your company is having trouble progressing, and the rental fleet accounted for around 13-15% of all Taurus sales, what a childish response(unlike your company motto "Simply setting the standard"), do your homework if your going to make arrogant statments. The Toyota Camry would be the largest fleet vehicle (not counting GSA) that you would want to call a no market vehicles. Anyway, most fleets dispose of there vehicles after 55-60 k miles, they have to go somewhere, your obviously an ignorant copy boy that got this email by mistake. Please tell me how many Ranger kits you have sold so far, no BS either Best Regards, George

Also can I get a price breakdown for that one off kit, seems a little steep, the bolt pattern of the Ranger & Taurus Vulcan are the same so no new fabrication to the supercharger is needed or did you not know that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Im pretty sure that there will be no more "back and forth" from whipple after your last asshat e-mail to them.
Way to go!
Ya,Ive always heard that the way to talk someone into helping you is to belittle them and be a complete asshat.

On a different note.

All you Vulcan Powah guys are a bunch of pussies.
You got one guy who has offered to help,and has given you a money back garrenty. He will buy the blower from you if it dont work. Plus Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you will probably get unlimited help and support from Bob and Brad for a project like this. Plus if it dont work, mickey will buy the kit from you. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE??????????????

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
george this is going no where.what i can do is tell you i will sell you a compressor you will need to run the 1600ax and you can build your own kit.please do not respond to the email if you want the compressor call and order it the price off he unit is $1640.00

---------------------------------
well this is better than nothing

as for being an asshat ( nice word by the way, kind of week but it's pretty good considering you probably watch alot of star wars and live in your moms basement) I wouldn't now about that, but on a diffetent note, besides a belt and blower, what other components will you need to to complete a S/C set up (including electronics).

I knew there was going to be no more back and forth there genius snakeeyes you could tell that by their first response, why keep kissing their ass, tell them how you realy feel if your not getting anywhere. I'm not spineless like yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Ok... if you NEED HELP don't diss the people that could help you... your udder lack of respect for some of the people here makes me not want to help you any. I know some people can be "abrasive" but instead of crossing that line too, just explain yourself. You'll find help will come much easier. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked, but either way this crap's gotta stop, or else no one will get anywhere.

Good luck in your research.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Aug 11 2004, 10:54 PM
They're not going to say yes. Guys, instead of complaining and fighting a losing battle why don't you make the supercharger kit that bolts onto the same damn motor as yours work on your damn car?! Do you really need a completely seperate kit or are you just wanting to show everyone how good you are at convincing people to think that the Taurus folks are a bunch of argumentive, ignorant kids?

This just goes to show my point. Everyone will talk about things but no one will do them. The Ranger kit will fit on your car with some minor modifications and tuning.

Exactly how many people have purchased the body kit that "everybody wanted"?

Please mods, don't delete this. I'll publicly offer my service here. Someone buy a kit, and I will talk with you on the phone for hours on end until you have it running on your car. If you can't get it running because it's not physically possible, I will then buy the kit from you at your full purchase price.

There is an invitation for someone to stick their money where their mouth is. I'd sure love to see a S/C'd vulcan around.
Gee, Mikey, I agree with you for once!!!! :p

Folks, after you have spent the $$$ to totally rebuild your 3-5-7-10-year old suspensions, have bought good tires for the car, upgraded the brakes, have the $$$ to do a good tranny renbuild, and you have the skills/ability/time to tune the car, THEN consider a blower.

Whipple, nor Eaton, will build a kit for a SLO nor a SHO. BFD.....do it yourself!!! When you go to cruise night and see all of those street rods, do you think that the owners bought all of that stuff off the shelf??

You could put a 426 Hemi and a 6-speed in your car if you wanted......all it takes is $$$.

Of all the people on this list, there aren't 2, maybe 3 that will ever do a proper blower setup.

Let's face it....if you had the $$$, you wouldn't be driving a SLO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts