Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:notworthy: Nice work!

Can you described how the bypass and BOV work? I can't tell where the throttle body is located either.
[/b]
Thanx!
Basically, i left the stock throttle and bypass with out any changes. How we know, this supercharged came out from Ford Thunderbird SC, which has a throttle body on the SC. I did not use the stock T-bird throttle, i just let it to sucking air.
I am running 8 psi.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Can't be, the upper sits WAY too far from the firewall. And in the 1st pic you can see the strut has 4 bolts.

Great work though, more details please.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Schweet!

All that extra tubing suggests there's an aftercooler up front somewhere. How much boost are you getting?

What size fuel pump, injectors? Tuning?

Perhaps most important of all ........ how does it drive :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are so smart. I was trying to see if you gays can findout what kind of car i have. Anyway, yes it is a Probe.
I have a video, i will post a link on the top of pictures.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
You should've used a GTP Eaton - it has an integral SC bypass. You wouldn't have needed the BOV then and wouldn't be dumping metered air.

Gotta Probe or Tempo/Topaz; I'm pretty sure those were the only two other FWD cars to get the Vulcan. [/b]
Tempo has a two-bolt strut bearing. I had to work on one this weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
You should've used a GTP Eaton - it has an integral SC bypass. You wouldn't have needed the BOV then and wouldn't be dumping metered air.
[/b]

No GM crap on my Ford, mkay, tnx!

You can dump the metered air back into the system after the MAF. Should help from running too rich when the BOV opens.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
TBird or GTP, the blower is still made by Eaton. The M90 on Eric Lehman's SHO is from a GTP IIRC.
[/b]
Don't go there, Sir. :angry:

It's off a Supercoupe. :ford:

Nice work on the 3.0, BTW. I skipped the BOV entirely. TB in front of the SC. SC in a vacuum uses very little power to run and throttle tip in is wicked.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put the BOV because, the stock throtle does not work right. i mean i tryed, i made some 60mm throttle, i took it from Mustang GT and when i put it, the supercharger was working soooo hard. The supercharger could not breed right. Basically, that's why i left my stock throttle.
The supercharge breeds more better, when it does not have any throttle on it.
O yeaaahhh one more thing. With that 60mm throttle my supercharger was making more hot air than with out it and after 5 minutes , the SC's temperature was really high. It happend, because when the throttle butterfly was closed or opened little, the SC was trying to sucking the air, but it could not.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

No GM crap on my Ford, mkay, tnx!

You can dump the metered air back into the system after the MAF. Should help from running too rich when the BOV opens.
[/b][/quote]

The Probe does not have the MAF. That's why i am running rich ))))

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I put the BOV because, the stock throtle does not work right. i mean i tryed, i made some 60mm throttle, i took it from Mustang GT and when i put it, the supercharger was working soooo hard. The supercharger could not breed right. Basically, that's why i left my stock throttle.
The supercharge breeds more better, when it does not have any throttle on it.
O yeaaahhh one more thing. With that 60mm throttle my supercharger was making more hot air than with out it and after 5 minutes , the SC's temperature was really high. It happend, because when the throttle butterfly was closed or opened little, the SC was trying to sucking the air, but it could not.

[/b]
Firstable congratualtion my hat bows to you :notworthy:. It looks like a lot of planning went into it and you have done something many of us are still tried to figure out.

I have a few qestions and request. I am very curious on seeing how did to place the M90. Can you provide a better pic? I know you have a Probe. The location will be difficult to impossible, to say the least, in a Taurus so I a pic is requested to clarify such matter.

I also did not undersand you saying your SC works better with a 50mm TB than a 60 mm TB. Logic will dictate to go larger and not smaller. How do you explain that? With your set up the SC TB would of work with some minor mod. How come you did not use it ?.

Lucky :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I like this guy already, proper way to make a first post :thumb: Going to tune it to get the AF back in line or leave it rich n' safe?

DIY forced induction > *

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
28 Participants
supercharged3.0
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing