Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
They're $45 new at your local Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealership. Ask for YF1Z-13A018-AA.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you care if it works or not?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha Ha! I don't care if it works or not if you paid the mail Ha Ha! There must be thousands of them out there all lonely in a junkyard.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wait, so you do or don't care if it works? I'm asking cause I know some people reflow the soldier on old ones to make them work again.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bullgeek, I should try reflowing the solder (next spring). This component is a good example of a total "rip-off" price wise. Looking at this minimal piece of plastic crap with a 50 cent photo transistor is a joke. I bet the mass production cost is $2 per unit (El Salvador). We are in the wrong business?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'd reflow before paying Ford another $30-50 for it...kinda crazy price.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Looking at this minimal piece of plastic crap with a 50 cent photo transistor is a joke. I bet the mass production cost is $2 per unit (El Salvador).
Welcome to manufacturing in the 21st Century global economy.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'm going to ask the stupid questions.

:eek: What is a sunload sensor? What does it do? Where is it mounted? :eek:
It's for AutoLamp...senses whether to click on headlights...as well as helps with regulating the intensity of the EATC blower motor. Mounts on the dash on the defrost grille, front and center. That black plastic thing sticking up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's for AutoLamp...senses whether to click on headlights...as well as helps with regulating the intensity of the EATC blower motor. Mounts on the dash on the defrost grille, front and center. That black plastic thing sticking up.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts

^^Since Autoforums still want to be a bunch of dicks about it, I've rewritten the original link to this image so you can actually see what a Gen 4 sunload sensor looks like.

Will the admins please get rid of this fucking piece-of-**** filter?! I'm trying to answer someone's goddamn question here. There used to be other, better pictures of a sunload sensor around, but those threads got deleted when you took over and changed the board software. Whose fault is that?

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
Risoworker, a good article and pics by Bull Geek (Nick) in the topic finder at the top of this page. Scroll down to auto lamps and click on sunload interchange.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts