Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a defective sunload sensor affect the A/C in a 2000 Sable with automatic temp control?

The A/C started blowing hot air suddenly - worked one day and not the next. There was no gradual decline. I was thinking it might be the blend door problem and was searching threads for repair suggestions and encountered several threads that relate the sunload sensor to the A/C system.

I checked for EATC codes and get only an 051 code for the sunload sensor. I checked the sensor and it is not working - lights stay on in bright sunlight. I am more concerned about the A/C than the automatic lighting - replacing the sunload sensor just to correct the lighting issue would not be a high priority.

Thank you

·
Registered
11,077 Posts
Can a defective sunload sensor affect the A/C in a 2000 Sable with automatic temp control?

The A/C started blowing hot air suddenly - worked one day and not the next. There was no gradual decline. I was thinking it might be the blend door problem and was searching threads for repair suggestions and encountered several threads that relate the sunload sensor to the A/C system.

I checked for EATC codes and get only an 051 code for the sunload sensor. I checked the sensor and it is not working - lights stay on in bright sunlight. I am more concerned about the A/C than the automatic lighting - replacing the sunload sensor just to correct the lighting issue would not be a high priority.

Thank you
I replaced the sls on my '01 from a Pick A Part yard. Easy to replace and all is well. Auto heal lamps always on and A/C not working correctly.

The sensor does 2 things at the same time. 3 wires to the combined "amplifier". Pop the defroster grille out and 2 small screws hold it in place.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That stupid sensor made my AC go crazy. You'd hit the AUTO button and select a temp, and cold air would never come out. new one fixed it as well as my autolamps :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts