Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally (after just finishing my 2008 taxes) have enough money to do some serious damage with a sub in my Taurus.

1. I have my heart set on an Alpine Type-R. I am looking for really accurate sound (that's also loud), and am wondering if I should go with a 12" or a 10". Spec wise, they are almost the same (only a 2hz difference in the lows). I am going with a single woofer here, sealed box, it'll be a 4ohm DVC. Suggestions?

2. The Amp is going to (with your approval LOL) be an MTX Thunder X500D (500 watts RMS @2ohms EDIT: that's a mono amp). Has speaker level inputs that I will use. I chose this amp because it has high level inputs, and remote bass control. Would you recommend anything else as an alternative? If so, why?

3. 4awg, right? 12awg on the speaker cable? 100 amp fuse? (getting a kit with these in them, just wanted to confirm!)

Thanks guys (and gals)! :banana:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i suggest a 12", and if ur gonna go with a dvc get one that is 2ohm stable (hits harder). also u would get better sound out of a mono amp if ur just running one sub.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Def. go with a 12" I have a 12" rockford dvc @ 2 ohms. 334 watts. Works perfect for me, sounds good, keeps up even on punk or metal songs, and when i'm in the hood it hits pretty hard.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Everyone else says 12, but I dunno. I had a 10" Rockford Fosgate Power DVC in a 1cuft seled box with a 500w amp that sounded awesome in my Niss. Frontier. A friend of mine has 2 10" Alpine S in his Acura RSX that sounds real good. Just remember this when buying audio (home or car) you get what you pay for. You buy cheap crap, you get get crap. Not saying blow $500 on a woofer, but mid-grade stuff is good, like Alpine. You get Pyramid, Lighgtning, Sony, etc, well...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get a 12 inch IDMAX from image dynamics. That sounds ideal for you.

Ive never heard type R's personally. But Ive heard that they arent all that accurate, but crazy loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts