Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some type of grill to protect my subs. The problem is regular off the shelf 12" grills dont fit over my kenwoods because they have a big plastic edge piece. Does anyone have any ideas for some type of grill/ cover that might clear the edge piece? I was thinking about putting a piece of plexiglass on stand offs across the front of the box. Would that affect sound quality. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I already had looked at them and they're a little pricey for my wallet.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by thebigtufguy@Sep 5 2004, 11:13 AM
I want to add some type of grill to protect my subs. The problem is regular off the shelf 12" grills dont fit over my kenwoods because they have a big plastic edge piece. Does anyone have any ideas for some type of grill/ cover that might clear the edge piece? I was thinking about putting a piece of plexiglass on stand offs across the front of the box. Would that affect sound quality. Thanks in advance.
Go with metal ones from circuit city. They are 12 bucks for a pair. They dont look like much, but they are metal as opposed to plastic, and protect the sub WAY better than the plastic ones ever will. They dont look like much, buy they are paintable. The plan I have with mine is painting the TCCA logo on the grill. I can just get the JPG off the site and blow it up, cut it out, trace it, and spraypaint it.

Or I am going to do the Polk MOMO logo (its like an arrow).

Go with the metal ones.

-DC

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill take a look at those the next time I'm in there. thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts