Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my sable his the digital built in climate controls, so if i hook up subs to it, what kind of bass controls can i use? i know someone on here has done it, so what did you do? a seperate bass knob maybe?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Glad to see nothings changed.
You KNOW the info is out there.

Here I'll even give you a start.

:picard2:

·
Registered
200 Posts
ok so my sable his the digital built in climate controls, so if i hook up subs to it, what kind of bass controls can i use? i know someone on here has done it, so what did you do? a seperate bass knob maybe?
[/b]
my LOC has a knob on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
well depending on your amp of course, they mostly come with a remote bass control knob now, or even like mentioned previously here, they have LOC's with Bass knobs now adays !! Alot has changed since my first installs lol

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
if your amp dont have the knob then if you have the telephone like plug onto your amp you may have remote bass if not then you cannot ajust the bass with out moving the knob inside the amp

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
sorry dude this is not a good thing

same as hi input speaker wire into rca you loose quality of the sound

those are detoriating the sound quality

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
sorry dude this is not a good thing

same as hi input speaker wire into rca you loose quality of the sound

those are detoriating the sound quality
[/b]
:werd: That is basically a remote gain control. Most definitely not a remote bass control.

Bobby, if you want a remote bass control, find an amp with one, or use the bass control on the radio. DO NOT use a remote gain control.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
yesss for once some one his on my side yess i have to write this down on a calendar

lol

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just wanna be able to adjust the bass that goes to the sub, i hated having a sub on my last taurus with the stock deck because the bass was controlled the same as the speakers. (i eventually got a metra kit and a deck though)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
get and amp with high input speaker wire

it should give you a control on the bass or get a new amp with a remote bass so you will not loose any quality

since youre already from speaker wire the best would be to get and amp with high input direct from the signal from the rear and with a control knob since this will modify all the bass pattern you will loose in bass quality and responce

youre better off selling your amp and getting one with remote bass on it direct

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
youre better off selling your amp and getting one with remote bass on it direct
[/b]
Agreed. This is THE only way you're going to get seperate control of your subwoofer bass output. Unless you get a full out equalizer, but somehow I don't think you're willing to spend very much, or complicate things beyond one button.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
i did have one off those equalizer kenwood some model

and it suck

it was only 2 rca input and it had front rear and sub out but the sound was not that good since it came from hi input

when i replaced my unit with rca plug out it made my day

i was sure i must have been dumb or deaf for nor hearing this lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
well depending on your amp of course, they mostly come with a remote bass control knob now, or even like mentioned previously here, they have LOC's with Bass knobs now adays !! Alot has changed since my first installs lol
[/b]
i also have a knob for my amp, but it only controls the level when the boost is turned on... once i fine tune it i just use the bass eq on the radio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts