Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the subframe bushing but I´m not sure with is the better, aluminiun or rubber bushing. Somebdy has a experience about this?
I´m in Brazil and here is very difficult to find parts to Taurus, so, where can I find this part?

Thank you for the attention.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO aluminum is very good. I installed them on my '97 back around May. You will feel more road and engine vibrations. There is a write up in the wiki that is informative on installation and a paragraph with info.

http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/A...ng_Installation
[/b]

HI.
Thank you for the answer. The article has a good information about the aluminun subframe bushing, but I´m worryed about the noise, vibration and harsness because in Brazil the roads are very bad, probally, the noise, vibration and harsness will be more than in your country. How much can you consider about the increase of noise, vibration and harsness, 10%, 20% or more?
Maybe the rear gen3 bushing will be the best, but I don´t know where to find this part to buy because I need to buy fron internet, pay by Paypal and the seller to send worldwide.

Thank one more time.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm the one that wrote that article. Unfortunately, there's no way to quantify how much additional NVH you get, but I was driving in Philadelphia, PA, which has some of the worst road's I've ever experienced, and I didn't mind them at all.

JR

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
The noise and vibration may have increase by 20% if that. The roads around my area are not that great. But overall I am very happy with the aluminum bushings. The biggest thing I noticed was I could feel more vibrations off of the motor when idling. Nothing big, but enough you can notice it, but you become very accustom to. As for buying aluminum bushings, I bought mine from ShoBros, but from my understanding, they're having difficulties right now and quite slow with orders. There is another site IIRC, but I cannot remember the address. If you wanted to go with the rear bushings, you'll have to get to a dealer for that or possibly try and find somewhere online, but I am unaware of aftermarket rubber bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Good luck getting these parts, especially if you are in Brazil.

I ordered new front subframe mounts a few weeks ago and they still haven't even been shipped yet. I'm not happy about this at all. I'm sick of the vibration. It's gotten really bad because it is now causing my exhaust pipe to hit the side of the tunnel making it even louder (this is due to the fact that my exaust pipe is bent near the back before the lower control arm).

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Good luck getting these parts, especially if you are in Brazil.

I ordered new front subframe mounts a few weeks ago and they still haven't even been shipped yet. I'm not happy about this at all. I'm sick of the vibration. It's gotten really bad because it is now causing my exhaust pipe to hit the side of the tunnel making it even louder (this is due to the fact that my exaust pipe is bent near the back before the lower control arm).
[/b]

The parts are readily available.

:dunno:

Maybe you shouldnt' have ordered from SHObros..

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
^^^^I had the same issue when I had placed my order with ShoBros back in the spring. For a month I kept getting told that my bushings were going to be shipped that day or the next. Took at least a month to get my stuff. That's after constant emails and such. The only thing I can honestly say I was happy about from SHOBros was at least they responded. As for the responce, I didn't like the BS they kept telling me. Until they get their shipping and orders process in a timely manner and can do what they say they will, I won't buy from there anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I didn't order from SHObros.

The good news is, the parts have finally been shipped out!

The bad news, snow, and lots of it. I need some free time with a clear driveway to do this, but it looks like it ain't happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would just order the Gen 3 two piece rear bushings for all four mounts.

www.fastpartsnetwork.com or any other online Ford parts seller can get them.

Bushing bolt N804442-S426

F6DZ-5400396-AA Upper Half
YF1Z-5400155-A Lower Half
[/b]

Thank you for the information.
I will try to order in this place. I have 2 Taurus in Brazil. One SHO and ohter LX. I will put the alumiun on the SHO and if I buying the gen 3 mount I will install on the LX to compare.
Thank you one more time.

I'm the one that wrote that article. Unfortunately, there's no way to quantify how much additional NVH you get, but I was driving in Philadelphia, PA, which has some of the worst road's I've ever experienced, and I didn't mind them at all.

JR
[/b]

I bought the alumiun kit. I will install to check. I believe that will be good. I checked in other cars and I saw that in many cases the subframe is fixed directly on the chassi.
Thank you.

The noise and vibration may have increase by 20% if that. The roads around my area are not that great. But overall I am very happy with the aluminum bushings. The biggest thing I noticed was I could feel more vibrations off of the motor when idling. Nothing big, but enough you can notice it, but you become very accustom to. As for buying aluminum bushings, I bought mine from ShoBros, but from my understanding, they're having difficulties right now and quite slow with orders. There is another site IIRC, but I cannot remember the address. If you wanted to go with the rear bushings, you'll have to get to a dealer for that or possibly try and find somewhere online, but I am unaware of aftermarket rubber bushings.
[/b]

I ordered a aluminun kit on Ebay site. I will install and check. I believe that will be good. I saw in other car that the subframe is fixed directly on chassi.
Thank you for the attention one more time.

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
If your roads are already rough you won't notice anything worse with the aluminum bushings. It's only those folks who drive on billiard table like roads that seem to complain. Be sure to thoughly coat the bolt, subframe and the bushing with never seize before installing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts