Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I want TO know how to build a sub box to hold two subs it is going in a 1988 ford taurus v6 3.0 4dr sedan can i build it strait or does it have to be at a angel this is my first atimpt at building one help please

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
there are computer programs to help you design your own box. I know that some people on here have the program, but I don't remember who at this point. I would guess that 12_volt_rep has it, since that is his job.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
there is two programs that ive used..one is actually a MS excel file.. works great...

the other is WINISD www.linearteam.org

i havent built a box with the WINISD, but i have with the excel program.. it works great want me to post some pics????

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Just get one made and If u have the cash get a Wave Box much better than regular.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Depending on the manufacturer of the subs, you may be able to get dimensions on a box that is best suited for your particular subs. I just got a 12" sub from Resonant Engineering (500 Watts RMS, $185 shipped) and the SQL box I made per their specs just BARELY fits in the trunk of my '99 Taurus. Haven't got it hooked up yet. That comes Wednesday >)

My point is, try building your own if you can get specs from the manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts