Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 10" kenwood subs in a dual bandpass box with a 400 watt amp. I have this set up connected to my rear speakers using a PAC Audio SNI-50A. I've done my best to do my homework ahead of time and search these forums for a similar problem/solution but can't seem to find one.

My issue is this: within the past month and a half, only my right sub cuts out after about 20 minutes of moderate music level. I've also noticed that my right rear speaker is quieter than the left. Now I've read about other concerns in this forum page
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...io-visual/158885-adding-sub-stock-system.html
but none of them seem to really be an answer to my issue.

Can anybody help please?

·
Registered
587 Posts
that why i like audio control a little better of a set up but cost a ton more.
forgot to mention that audio control will handle more watts of factory stock amps were the pac set up probly will not. and you may have fried the pac you got the audio contol set up cost about 150 - 899 depending on when and were which you get. they may be a little lower used to.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Usually when the sub cuts out its because the amp that is driving it is being overloaded and it is overheating. My old 200w amp would cut out when I went to St. George due to the weather being hotter. My newer 1200 watt unit should not have the same issues cause it doesn't even break a sweat. I would suspect that running two 10" subs is very high load for a 400 watt amp. My setup uses a 300 watt amp for a single 12" sub. To run two 10" amps I would run between 600 - 800 watts of peak amp output. Then just adjust the gain down to match your actual needs. That would result in a better sound, and will stop the amp from cutting out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, how many speakers and the speaker sizes dont put any hutting on an amp lol... i suspect to check the first repliers suggestion, sounds like the PAC didnt hold up to be honest. and once again, you can have 1000 subs on a 400 watt amp, the number of speakers on an amp or the size of the speakers wont hurt it.... just the ohm load that the speakers are wired at and the wiring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts