Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Taurus GL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I make hard left turns from a dead stop the drive action stutters (like it's failing to shift but tries 3 or 4 times) while shifting into second.

I'm thinking my gears/linkages could be worn down. I'm going to have to replace my tranny fluid soon as it's been near 30,000mi since I got it.

I was talking to my friend who mentioned the worn internals and said if I were to flush the tranny I could kill it. Also they mentioned using Lucas Transmission Fix solvent to buy me some time, but I think this stuff sounds like a scam.

Help, I'm a bit confused as to why this would only happen going into left turns. (it also doesn't consistently happen)
AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
Detect language » English​

·
Registered
1990 Taurus GL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a little bit over. Fluid is a pink color.
AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish

·
Registered
1990 Taurus GL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No thoughts on this? Any opinions on that Lucas Transmission stuff? Also sorry about all the extra text. The forum here seems to pick up my HyperTranslate as text rather than a program...

·
Registered
697 Posts
There is a bug with the Hypertranslate add-on. Disable it when you use these HTML forms and it should fix the problem with garbage text.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts