Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Analogy

Rain, stop sign, go, spin, lift foot, reapply foot, BOOM!

1 yr. warranty after rebuild($2000) expired 32 days ago. :angryfire:

G

·
Originally posted by SHOoff@May 18 2004, 09:47 PM
Analogy

Rain, stop sign, go, spin, lift foot, reapply foot, BOOM!

1 yr. warranty after rebuild($2000) expired 32 days ago. :angryfire:
Yikes, that sucks. Go back to that shop and see if they can cut a deal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said I broke a planetary, cost + labor =$7-800, They told me they would give me a 60% break= $250-350 <_<

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
we just got a tranny fluid change on my moms 99 taurus. warranty goes up in less than a week... if the tranny goes, its about time b4 wed lol, not sure if i should help it on its way or not :unsure:
that really sucks tho. hope i dont have the same prob with her car. like the tranny will die 4 days after warranty goes out... in case that happens, cant i still find a way to have them replace it for free?

G

·
Originally posted by SHOoff@May 19 2004, 11:33 PM
They said I broke a planetary, cost + labor =$7-800, They told me they would give me a 60% break= $250-350 <_<
That's awesome they were even willing to cut you a deal! It's probably a good shop then. IMHO that's a really good deal. :)

G

·
Originally posted by SilverKnight@May 19 2004, 11:42 PM
we just got a tranny fluid change on my moms 99 taurus. warranty goes up in less than a week... if the tranny goes, its about time b4 wed lol, not sure if i should help it on its way or not :unsure:
that really sucks tho. hope i dont have the same prob with her car. like the tranny will die 4 days after warranty goes out... in case that happens, cant i still find a way to have them replace it for free?
Helping it is bad - if it doesn't go when you want it to, which is probably won't, it will just make it worse then it will go even sooner after the warranty is up and it's that much sooner you have to get it replaced. Plus you could cause more severe damage that isn't covered by warranty if you try to ruin it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts