Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 taurus...is there any way to make the seat belt dinger stop beeping at me when i dont have my seat belt on? i know there is some kind of code for the older models.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
How about putting your seatbelt on...

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
There is a procedure to disable BeltMinder (That is what Ford calls it)

I disabled it in my Econoline, because it seems they made it more annoying in commercial vehicles... As soon as one takes their seatbelt off after driving for a few, instantly bothers you, even in park. The Taurus I never bothered to disable it since it shuts up when the vehicle is in park typically.

The procedure is typically buckling and unbuckling the belt like 8 times, and something... The info is in your owners manual or available online at www.fleet.ford.com

·
Read Only
42 Posts
i'm glad to have found this thread....keep in mind, I'm a firm beleiver in wearing a seatbelt....but like you said, you take it off after you put in park and the engine still running...and off goes the stupid dinger! I'm also interested in learning to turn just the dinger off.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
You could just jumper the connector to the seat belt sensor so that it thinks that it's always buckled. Just an idea...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts