Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 2nd time, the two plastic parts in the steering column came apart when I tried to leave the store. I felt it pop out just as I tried to start it.:minigunner:

So, with it stuck in the on position but not running, it left me having to hot with it just to get it home where I could take the ignition swith out and turn it off. I should have just parked it somewhere and left it running, I could take my keys out so it would look like someone just stole the damn thing.

Anyways, moving on, After it did this to me the first time, I knew what I needed to do but was too lazy to do it so now. That and everytime I started the car I would turn the car to the ON position, pause a second and slowly turn to CRANK. Yesterday I just shoved the key in and cranked the key all the way without hesitation and BAM!

The other thing is to install a Push Button Start. I just ordered one so when it comes in from Hong Kong, I will take it back apart and fix the levers inside the column again and then I wont have to turn past ON where all the force is that pushes the the damn pin out of the slot.

If it wasn't for this site, I don't think I would have been able to fix it the first time, so now that I have to go back again I am better prepared... But the idea of leaving it running with the switch hanging out does sound tempting.... It would save me from having to do a head job in the future...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throw in a wireless start unit while ur at it? :party:
Ironically, I installed a remote start 2 weeks ago but it would only run for about 5 seconds. Haven't played with it since to figure you out. I knew the purple wire was the starter wire so hot wiring was made easy...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I found the problem with remote start tonight. So that is working now so only thing left is remove the column and realign the pieces and install push button start when it arrives!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts