Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever damaged something that they prized somewhat and could only feel stupid afterwards. If anyone is familiar with the Kazera KZ-V rims, there are little black caps that go in the empty lug holes. The rim has ten holes, it is a semi universal wheel. I believe it only fits two patterns. Anyway, one of my caps fell out, so i grabbed an extar one and started tapping it in. I wrapped the handle end of a ratchet with paper towels (i used electrical tape before and it worked fine) and started hammering the cap in. when i finish i find out that i nicked the rim twice. "DAMN...!!!.!.!.!!!!" I yell. These are chrome rims so they are not repairable. After all my hard work of never hitting curbs or potholes and cleaning these rims twice a week (inside and out) i nicked the damn rim. Out of shear stupidity. I am thinking about buying a new rim for $239 from tirerack. The nicks are hardly noticeable but i know they are there. Please tell me i'm not the only one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:withstupid: *replaces sign with You Are Stupid*

lol **** man i fell for yea that sucks u should have rapped that thing up withalot of paper towel before doing that!! wait u shouldnt have even used paper towel should have used something with my hmmmm cant figure out the word im looking for guess im to tired lol well im just rambling on now so im gonna stop alalalala okay im done

P.S sry about ur rims man

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't even go through the chrome, it just made a very small indentation. I hope it doesn't lead to bubbling or flaking later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts