Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Misplaced my cable for my Carchip. Swing by Walmart and they said that is obsolete, no longer sold. When gassing up the Buick, stopped by Salv Army store and that $0.29per. I bought 2. Big spender.

As to the dog cartoon, struck me funny.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
What is a carchip?

And less than 60c - bargain hunter!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Clearly the dog looking into the curtain is smarter as his super intelligence and x-ray vision allows him to see through the fabric, whereas the other dog looking through glass need to actually see the object of his attention the old fashion way...LOL

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today, 366 interstate miles. Average about 50 miles per hour. Paving strips ~foot wind or so mostly right down the joint between the lanes. So 2 lanes down to one and then on the emergency lane and it comes to a crawl. I-380 joins I-80 in PA, two lanes each funnel down to one. Maybe 15 minutes to go a mile. Even when moving along have to dodge the pot holes, and be careful crossing lanes missing the big gap between lanes.

'03 Sable sedan, now 375 miles on the tank and on quarter tank. So even this poking then pushing the limit, and the Endless Mountains of Poconos and east PA hills should not be good. Will fill up tomorrow and get a check on mpg.

One tired old coot now.

-chart-

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Grew up in the Pocono Mountains. I rode my bike on that road as a little kid while they were putting in the road. Remembered them blasting through the mountains

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grew up in the Pocono Mountains. I rode my bike on that road as a little kid while they were putting in the road. Remembered them blasting through the mountains
Had to figure this one out as I wanted to visit the McD , upper left for a pit stop since I had not stopped since just below the NY state line. And then heading down the R46 rural road lower right. And then miss the toll bridge by accident. And a side note. PA has a toll going west at the state line to enter the state. $1.00. Image if every state put in a toll booth on the interstate to enter each state.

And then the roller coaster road on I-80 at Delaware Water Gap.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today, 366 interstate miles. Average about 50 miles per hour. Paving strips ~foot wind or so mostly right down the joint between the lanes. So 2 lanes down to one and then on the emergency lane and it comes to a crawl. I-380 joins I-80 in PA, two lanes each funnel down to one. Maybe 15 minutes to go a mile. Even when moving along have to dodge the pot holes, and be careful crossing lanes missing the big gap between lanes.

'03 Sable sedan, now 375 miles on the tank and on quarter tank. So even this poking then pushing the limit, and the Endless Mountains of Poconos and east PA hills should not be good. Will fill up tomorrow and get a check on mpg.

One tired old coot now.

-chart-

So another 29 miles of local get insurance card, cash, shopping, grocery, pharmacy and gas, 395 miles at 14.6G = 27.05 mpg.
-chart-

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my wife out of the hospital after 10 nights and one long day waiting to be released. Congestive heart failure and pneumonia. Trying various meds to get the pulse down from 120-130 and when they did, was 55 with low blood pressure. Finally changed one med dose and added two more meds. She is quite tired from the stay. Daughter sending dinner over tonight.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
^^ +2 Hoping for a quick recovery!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts