Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whatever is sold from this board, 10% gets donated to tcca

Ford Taurus harness, head light pig tails, and 350 poster are still available. If interested, please offer a reasonable price and you have a deal.

go here for latest post of items for sale

here are some parts left over from my 1996 taurus

-rear jbl speakers (pair)
-polk audio ex2500 tweeters (i thought I blew these because I heard scratching, I replaced them with better tweeters and I still hear scratching - but much less of it, so I do not know how well these are) (pair)
-polk audio EX572a 2 way speakers (pair)
-head light harness pigtails (pair)
-1996 factory service manual - book version
-1995 AX4N new product training manual - book version
- 2 o2 sensors 71kish miles.

Just found this:
-5 channel amp harnesses (2). You can hook up a 5 channel amplifer to your 96 jbl factory system. This will probably work on other taurus systems, you have to confirm that your wiring is the same as mine.

Harness #1-- 4 channels) This harness comes with two plugs one which plugs into the rcu and the other which plugs into the output plug which originally went into the rcu. Plug the rca's into your amp, and connect the wires provided by the harness to the amp and you have a plug and play installation.
Parts included (price I paid):
2 install edge 50watt line output converters ($20 each)
1 rcu output harness ($25 from junk yard)
1 modeified metra 5513 harness ($15)
2 pair tsunami rca 2m wires (unknown)
~2m pheonix gold wire (unknown)

Harness #2--sub channel) This plugs into the output signal of your jbl subwoofer amp. It has an rca wire which goes to your amplifer to provide sub signal. I had no luck taping the rear speaker lines, so I had to make this up to get bass.
1 install edge 50watt line output converter ($20)
1 subwoofer amp plug ($5)
1 monster cable rca ($15)

Tell me a reasonable price and we can work from there. These line output converters are made by a child company of Rockford and they have adjustable gains on them for each channel. I'm in the process of doing a write up of how to make this harness, its very easy, but as shown above, it is the parts which are the contributing factor to the cost.

Everything is sold as is. I will do my best to describe the item and pictures are available upon request. Prices quoted do not include shipping unless stated.

I'll post more parts as I find them.

I accept cash, money orders, or paypal(bank or credit card). If you are using paypal, I'm charging a 5% surcharge on the total because paypal changes me for accepting payments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1996 Service manual $25, plus shipping for 11.2 lbs. I'm sure it wont be more than $7. Keep in mind, this is a year specific manual, so any changes from other models will not be covered.

polk ex572a's $15 plus shipping

polk ex2500 (sorry for writing the wrong number, I simply forgot the correct model number) $15 plus shipping

The other tweeters I was planning keeping those for my maxima. They are polk audio db3000.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
hey Sunil,

the rear JBL speakers, will they replace the stock speakers on my 96 GL? I mean are they same size so I can just remove the old and put this

polk ex572a, polk ex2500 are they front speakers (again stock replacements)??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the jbl's are the same size. They should fit right in and connect to the plug which is connected to your current speaker.

Yeah, the polks will fit in the front. At one time that is the setup I had for my front. They sounded alright off the factory amp, but came to life after I hooked up my aftermarket amplifier.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I dont know much abt the audio stuff..
but will there be a decent difference replacing the the stock rear speaker with your JBLs? Mine is just a stock system, (ya there are 2 stock tweteers which makes it 6 speaker system)

and how much for the jbl rears?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
How long is the Monster RCA cable?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by sundarpn@May 14 2004, 10:30 AM
I dont know much abt the audio stuff..
but will there be a decent difference replacing the the stock rear speaker with your JBLs? Mine is just a stock system, (ya there are 2 stock tweteers which makes it 6 speaker system)

and how much for the jbl rears?
I didn't know the gl came with tweeters. I honestly do not know how well these speakers will perform. They have a paper cone and a set of aftermarket speakers will probably sound better. In all honesty, I do not know. $15 + shipping for the pair.

monster cable rca is 1 m long. Unfortunatly, I do not know which series, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Are the JBL speakers the same size as those in the rear speakers for Gen2's? (I think Gen2's are 6x8...). I might be interested in the polk tweeters as well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I looked at the o2's over the weekend. I honestly do not know how to read them. I can post pics. I am almost ready to throw them away because my car drank oil for a long time and I wanted fresh ones after ford replaed my engine. I can sell them for $10 shipped AS IS.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Do the 2-ways fit in the door of a Gen IV? Even if they don't I think I'll take them. How much for shipping to 20601 and how do you want payment? 5% isn't bad if I'm only paying $20. Am I correct to assume the Polks work okay?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still have these items left:

-rear jbl speakers (pair)
-head light harness pigtails (pair)
-1996 factory service manual - book version (I'll throw in the cd rom version for free.)
-1995 AX4N new product training manual - book version
-4 channel amp harness
-sub channel amp harness

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.