Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you know where i can get strops that go in by the headlights or near there? I saw a kid at my school that has a GrandAm with blue strobes in the front, looked like the stobes cops have in their headlights when they pull you over, however he graguated and was only there last night so I couldn't ask him where he got them. If I don't sound to vauge or crazy, let me know if you know where I could get some or what I'm talking about. Thanks much!

-Ryan

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think that Autozone carries them. However, I know that most states have laws against BLUE strobes. So, if you decide to go with them, be careful...

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
strobes aren't car specific. you can go to just about any auto store and even walmart and find a pair of headlight strobes. they range from really high quality and bright as heck, like a set from Whelen, or inexpensive and not as bright, walmart brand. It's all about how much you want to spend

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I am going to put blue LED in mine. :banana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I just got back from Pepboys and they had about anycolor you could want.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Optx Makes a decent kit, my friend has them and there brite enough to please ya. To put them in you have to drill into your head light which is a paint but if thats what you want by all means go for it. Ive seen the things at my local Media Play so basicly you can get theses things most anywhere. If you cant theres always ebay.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I wanted to or was going to do was drill into my headlights and put them in there. I was looking for some pretty high quality ones. If you know of any websites that would be helpfull.

-Ryan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by gabod7@Sep 30 2004, 02:32 PM
i bought a pair of the apc strobes durin the summer. :angry:
the bulbs blew the next day
That's because of the Auburn Tag that you have on the front of your car. How could you deface a bull like that??? lol. J/k.

S

·
0 Posts
I got blue ones in my Sable... Im going to add them on my Taurus Headlights, so if you want. I can make a writeup for it... I think I'll do that!

Edit: Sorry got lazy and didnt do one... but on a lighter note, I installed them! LOL

SableSal

(wow, haven't signed that name in a while...)

I

·
0 Posts
Just be carefull with stuff like that though, the cops will get you for just about anything these days

S

·
0 Posts
In Cali, it's legal to have them. Just not on while on public roads.

OFF ROAD USE ONLY

Sal

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Its realy not hard to install if you think about it, Drill like a 3/8 hole, Glue it in the hole at least I think I would glue it lightly for waterproofness. And Wire correctly. Not Hard some websites like www.ebay.com would be helpful. Probably the cheapest place you will find them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I found some OPTX that look really cool, I'm gonna get red and blue or just red and have them flash in a cop way. You guys know what I'm talking about I'm sure. If I'm not mistaken the Taurus was also a cop car? HA I get people to pull over and slow down just flashing my highs on and off really fast. But yeah in Wisconsin it is illeagle to have them running well driving.

-Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts