1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
443 Posts
I liked it, wasn't that the model for mm1? I love driving it lol.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but it was significantly revised from 500 polys to 4500 polys. And I added a few things like the engine and interior.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Apr 2 2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah, but it was significantly revised from 500 polys to 4500 polys.
ok. The video does look slightly different but it is still the same basic model correct?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Looks good alex.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I made that car for C2. It's been done for a couple of months. I'll still be making cars for MM1.

For those of you who do not want to see a Taurus get blown up, don't click on teh following link. It contains some graphic images of a Taurus being driven into a bomb. It also contains some renders of the interior. Yeah, the interior quality doesn't match the outside, but I spent most of the work on the outside since that's what you see most of in the game. I've never made an interior or a driver before so that was something I had to learn. The best thing about C2 is the player's ability to customize. This Taurus has 6 wheel options (each indiviual wheel can get a different wheel), 4 interior colors, 3 exterior colors, and two engine options.

http://198.165.58.61/revo/member/qwerty/stuff/index.html

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Apr 2 2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I made that car for C2. It's been done for a couple of months. I'll still be making cars for MM1.

For those of you who do not want to see a Taurus get blown up, don't click on teh following link. It contains some graphic images of a Taurus being driven into a bomb. It also contains some renders of the interior. Yeah, the interior quality doesn't match the outside, but I spent most of the work on the outside since that's what you see most of in the game. I've never made an interior or a driver before so that was something I had to learn. The best thing about C2 is the player's ability to customize. This Taurus has 6 wheel options (each indiviual wheel can get a different wheel), 4 interior colors, 3 exterior colors, and two engine options.

really? how do you select the different options? that's pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by mcgilles+Apr 3 2004, 11:34 AM-->QUOTE (mcgilles @ Apr 3 2004, 11:34 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Qwertz9586
@Apr 2 2004, 10:42 PM

really? how do you select the different options? that's pretty cool. [/b]
I made a batch file with a menu to switch the different options, but really, it's just replacing an image in a specific folder. All the images the game uses for the car are open and you can edit it in any graphics editing program.

A

·
0 Posts
I've downloaded MidtownMadness1, a bunch of cars (a lot of them made by qwertz), a bunch of tracks, and I'm hooked on the game all over again.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B.@Apr 3 2004, 10:47 PM
I've downloaded MidtownMadness2, a bunch of cars (a lot of them made by qwertz), a bunch of tracks, and I'm hooked on the game all over again.
Doesnt take too long to get hooked does it?

A

·
0 Posts
oops :redface: Yeah, midtown madness 1. Although, I can't figure out how to get the xp patch to work with the nocd version. It takes 2 minutes to wait for it to load....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You dont need no-cd for MM1. Just do a full install of MM1 and add patch.

A

·
0 Posts
Well, I downloaded a not so legal copy of it. There was no "install", just unzipped a bunch of files into a directory. And when I try to run the patch, it says it can't find mtm on my system.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
oh probably something with *.dll files. See if you can find another copy or if you can get the exact details ill send you the files.

A

·
0 Posts
Or it might be some registry entry somewhere...

How fast is your internet connection? Can you make an .iso image of the cd and send it to me?

A

·
0 Posts
oh, and qwertz, my only complaint, is that the 91 taurus you used doesn't have the right guage cluster. They only used that style til 89, then for 90-91 they switched to the gen2 style cluster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts