I have a Chilton's and some YouTube vids, but this job was more complicated than they indicated. I'll write about that as I put it back together.
Here's the trans lowered enough to get the TC out. The driver's side suspension chain
is in the way of re-installing the trans. I had to support the bottom of the engine with a jack long enough to get the transmission away from the engine, and then install this chain before getting the trans all the way down. There's just no place to hang the engine otherwise.
Here's the back of the trans. I had to remove a bracket
that wasn't described in the manual. (Let the bitching begin.) Later, I'll need to deal with a twisted-off exhaust bolt
-- despite just a few months ago having tapped these threads and installing a new SS bolt with high-temp anti-seize.
Hard to make out here, but the TC is definitely damaged as expected. Notice the lack of splines in the inner-circle. (Tough to focus right.) I have to assume these metal bits are on the filter, that I'll replace when I put the car back together.
The impeller looks fine. I don't know how to get it out, but I won't mess with it after all.
Now I'm ready to order parts, including a plastic unit (dealer item, bend over) in the coolant lines. But I'll bitch about that when I get to it during reassembly.
I've had a lot of trouble finding time to work on this. On Tuesday I'll be out of town again for about six weeks. See you then.