Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car wouldn't start the other day, and it was like the battery was dead. I went out the next morning, and the power seat worked, the lights worked, until i turned the key, and then nothing had power. Today i got to look at it again (i've been in finals and not had time to mess with it), and when i opened the car, i heard a clicking (no key inserted yet). I followed to sound to the relay in slot 34 in the passenger compartment box.

This relay is labeled as the "battery saver relay" in the owner's manual. I pulled it, the clicking stoped. I pulled the identical relay from the slot above it, and before it was even plugged into slot 34 all the way, it clicked too. rapidly.

With relay 34 removed, i can jump start the car, but I didn't have time to let it run long enough to give the bat a good charge. Anyone have any ideas what this is that's making the relay click when the key is off and the car's sitting?

I can provide links to the relay box map and the owner's manual if you want to check me.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Batt saver relays open when the batt voltage drops to a certain level from a drain on it. You have something drawing current when it shouldn't. Could be anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts