Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from my father in laws house this morning, there was a light that came on the dash, it was a red car with all doors open??? Few minutes later the engine light came on, the car runs great. When I got home I took off the positive battery terminal and left it off for a few minutes then started the car, the red car light is still coming on but the engine light is off, my car has keyless/power door locks, usally when you start moving the doors will lock, they didnt do it this time, when I go to lock them while im moving they unlock on there own, I reprogrammed the keyless, usally when i hit the button twice I get one beep from the horn so I know all doors are locked, now I get 2 short beeps??? Any idea guys?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Spray your driver's door latch (and the others if you have the time) with some WD-40. Open and close the door mutliple times. See if that fixes it. The two short chirps indicate a door is ajar. The mechanism is gummed up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spray your driver's door latch (and the others if you have the time) with some WD-40. Open and close the door mutliple times. See if that fixes it. The two short chirps indicate a door is ajar. The mechanism is gummed up.
[/b]

would that also cause the engine light to come on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It won't cause the engine light to come on.

If it comes on again, go to autozone (or advance-I think they do it) and get the codes read.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed the door ajar light, thanks! yeah if the engine light comes on again i will take it to autozone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts