Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I was driving down the road and out of no where the power locks started rapid firing unlock lock unlock very weird. Showed a door was open indicator light Turned the car off waited a few started again not as fast. Made it home. Tried a few moments ago all is well. I'm lost:eek:

·
Registered
22,431 Posts
Might try spraying the door latches at the ends of all doors liberally with wd-40, then open/close each door several times. Is dome light and chime staying on too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes dome light turns on once in awhile. But the rapid lock unlock was weird. Sounded like 50 cal continuously firing

Try wd40

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
Do you have the autolock feature enabled? By that I mean do the doors lock after you start it, and drive over a few MPH and unlock when you stop and put it in park? If so, disable the autolock and see what happens. Instructions for turning off autolock are in the owners manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep auto lock enabled. Will try that as well I drove 100 miles today stop and go and no ghostly things happened. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
By any chance, was the ghostly occurrence over a rough road? There's always the chance of an intermittent connector or insulation wearing through in harnesses, and road- or engine-induced vibration might activate your ghost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smooth roads. My son was with me practice driving; learners permit. Time will tell. If it happens again, I will take a cell phone video and post the youtube link.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-lol kids these day 18 yrs old no license. I couldnt wait my fault I am not driving him to college lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
marine
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing