Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, whenever i start up my car, or let it sit on park for a bit, i get a strange noise from my front wheel well/quarterpanel area...from under the hood it looks fine.....it goes away when u drive and the car warms up....and it kicks on and off after starting it....sounds almost metal on metal....help plz!

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
does it get louder when you reverse the car? and than go away when your in drive? cause this just started happening to me yesterday, and at first i thought my air filter was coming loose and banging on the side of my wheel well, but the noise was too loud. i checked and it wasn't that. i was thinking maybe the exhaust shield or something??? i have no clue. i was trying to look under the car last night but it was too dark.

B

·
0 Posts
Do you have the defroster or climate control on when this happens? Because it comes and goes, it sounds like the AC compressor is cycling.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
what side of the car is it on?? Is the noise coming from the engine compartment or is it louder outside of the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Can the radiator fan warp and be hitting something?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys, the problem is either the cv joint or the tranny from my best estimate.....increases in drive/reverse....or park with a slight rev....its not the fan, it seems to be running well...its not the exaust, i had that checked out professionally (for free:))yesterday...it does go away once u really start moving....but at slow speeds just above idle, its on consistently, thanks for any help u guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts