Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got me 2015 Taurus SE from Carvana 2 days ago, and I have a strange noise coming from the dashboard (The sound coming from around the center, near the driver side air vent), I don't have it at super low speed, but it come when driving around 50 or over.

The sounds sound like a piece of paper that you place in front of a fan (if you know what I mean). I turned off the AC and still have that sound), no idea how to fix it. Would appreciate any input if you have an idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is it still there if you kill the HVAC altogether? Does it change with the fan speed, engine speed, vehicle speed? Can you record the sound?

·
Registered
373 Posts
BDA is the go-to item to get the blame for either HVAC noises or imbalances in temperature. The one that fails most frequently is behind the glovebox. Remove the glovebox. Have someone in the passenger seat listen and feel in there when the noise is happening. If it is that BDA, it should become fairly obvious.

I've not done it myself, but there are a number of posts in these forums about replacing the actuators. So many posts that it may be difficult sorting through all the search results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts