Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started getting this strange engine knock, a week or so ago.
when I start it I hear 2 knock knock sounds (sounds to me like coming from front of engine the passenger side)
Then it sometimes does it after accelerating as soon as let off accelerator it goes like knock maybe 4 times.
I originally was thinking rod but all rod knocks I have ever had or heard are not come and go they are always there.
Is there a way I can upload a .wav or .mp3 file I can try to record the sound if it may help.
Or I can add a link to my site where I can upload my music to if that is not a violation of rules
Whichever is better for you guys.
I do not know my exact oil pressure as I have the idiot light, I do know it works but it does not come on at idle or when knocks are heard.
This me puzzled.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'll be interested to know what you find out for a cause of the knock. Could you listen over the engine while someone else starts it to try to localize the sound?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
So I started getting this strange engine knock, a week or so ago.
when I start it I hear 2 knock knock sounds (sounds to me like coming from front of engine the passenger side)
Then it sometimes does it after accelerating as soon as let off accelerator it goes like knock maybe 4 times.
I originally was thinking rod but all rod knocks I have ever had or heard are not come and go they are always there.
Is there a way I can upload a .wav or .mp3 file I can try to record the sound if it may help.
Or I can add a link to my site where I can upload my music to if that is not a violation of rules
Whichever is better for you guys.
I do not know my exact oil pressure as I have the idiot light, I do know it works but it does not come on at idle or when knocks are heard.
This me puzzled.

You need to eliminate the things on the belt making the noise first. Your location of noise is in the belt area. Rod knocks usually are under load only, main bearings are more at idle and very low pitch thump. And wrist pin which is cold weather only and short duration. My only experience with a tight wrist pin was below freezing only. New car, engine replaced under warranty.

-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts