Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new amp... it bangs when im sitting at idle, but as soon as i drive or rev the engine the sound goes out... :dunno: i have no clue why it acts like this it has a 30amp fuse, but i used a 40amp inline fuse... i tried it with 4 different sub combos and the same result... im currently running 2 12"s at 8ohms its all new so i dont wanna bang it too hard yet... could the high resistance be causing this??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
What brand/model amp?

Sounds like a bad amp, especially considering you're pushing 2 12" subs with it. Did you go super cheap?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
That amp is runs 250Wrms x2 @4ohms, you're running it at 8. With a 30amp fuse, dont feel like doing the math, but that sounds like your amp isnt exactly what it says it is.
It could be the 8ohm load, (which isn't exactly common in car stereo), but I would run it in a different configuration. What subs are you using?

All in all, I would look into a different amp.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That amp is runs 250Wrms x2 @4ohms, you're running it at 8. With a 30amp fuse, dont feel like doing the math, but that sounds like your amp isnt exactly what it says it is.
It could be the 8ohm load, (which isn't exactly common in car stereo), but I would run it in a different configuration. What subs are you using?

All in all, I would look into a different amp.
[/b]
pioneer ts-w1207d4

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
So you're running them 8ohms per channel?

Wire them up 2ohm- 2 channel. If you still have problems, amp swap is next.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you're running them 8ohms per channel?

Wire them up 2ohm- 2 channel. If you still have problems, amp swap is next.
[/b]
in the process as we speak... i just hope i have the strength to carry the thing out to the car lol :noes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im lovin the pioneers :wub: at 2 ohms :chili: , and the amp isnt cutting out.... i was checking the voltage with a multimeter and it seems like my voltage is higher with the amp running... usually with the engine running, revving at 2000, my voltage would read at 13.8... but since i put the amp in it reads 14.3-14.5, and 13.3 at idle :dunno: not sure what that means exactly just thought i'd put that out there...

thanx for the help "Double-OTec"

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Voltage should be a bit higher at speed than idle, though not much. I get 14.0-14.4 at idle :dunno:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voltage should be a bit higher at speed than idle, though not much. I get 14.0-14.4 at idle :dunno:
[/b]
i read somewhere that alternators barely putout any voltage at idle so i thogh that was normal... ill look into it a bit more, and ill try to find where i read that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts