Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just decided that im going to staright pipe my 93 taurus gl.. Ive decided that im going to cut the muffler box straight off by my self and attatch a pipe that will make the car sound louder.. Theres only one problem i have to figure out how to re connect the pipe that is in the middle of the exhaust and cat... It recently disconnected and it seems that the pipe just ditatched from its bracket ..Any suggestions on how to do this??? i need some suggestions on how to fix the pipe...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Louder is an understatement.... it will be EXTREMELY loud with a straight pipe.... loud enough to attract any cop in the area for noise laws violations. Besides a straight piped Vulcan sounds like crap, IMO. Just put on a different muffler.... Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
You have the stupid spring coupling on the G2. You can either buy a flex pipe and have it put in or buy a repair kit for the spring coupling. I got one at NAPA a few years ago. Not cheap though.

Cheapest fix is probably a muffler shop as long as they don't try to sell you a new exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the stupid spring coupling on the G2. You can either buy a flex pipe and have it put in or buy a repair kit for the spring coupling. I got one at NAPA a few years ago. Not cheap though.

Cheapest fix is probably a muffler shop as long as they don't try to sell you a new exhaust.
[/b]

is there a way that i can take the spring holder off and put it back on this way i dont have to buy a new pipe? im attempting to take the spring bracket off but right now its too cold out.. If theres any way i can do this by my self please tell me because id rather do it myself since the car is not registered yet and wont be for 2 more months..... Suggestions please
.... is this the part i need??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-8-In-Spli...sQ5fAccessories

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Straight piped vulcan sounds freakin awesome! I've heard quite a few rangers like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Straight piped vulcan sounds freakin awesome! I've heard quite a few rangers like that.
[/b]
Ya to me it does too right now the pipe is disconnected from the cat and it sounds pretty carzy so i got the idea to just straight pipe it. ill update how it comes out soon

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

is there a way that i can take the spring holder off and put it back on this way i dont have to buy a new pipe? im attempting to take the spring bracket off but right now its too cold out.. If theres any way i can do this by my self please tell me because id rather do it myself since the car is not registered yet and wont be for 2 more months..... Suggestions please
[/b][/quote]

Unfortunately your OEM stuff is probably not serviceable. Usually what happens is the flared part of the cat back at that joint is what erodes away.

The ebay link is Not what you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Unfortunately your OEM stuff is probably not serviceable. Usually what happens is the flared part of the cat back at that joint is what erodes away.

The ebay link is Not what you need.
[/b][/quote]

what about this one??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=025

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3DLVI%26ps%3D54

Im not sure what piece maybe you can help me find one please.. thank you for ur help

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If it were me i would just go to an muffler shop and tell them to fix it. I doubt if you would be able to repair this at home.

If you were you definitely need to find out what the OD diameter is of the pipe before and after the area that needs repaired.

Then maybe you could find a flex pipe and use some muffler clamps after sawing off the required amount of pipes to get a straight clean and accurate length for the part that you are installing.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/GARAGE-PRO-STAINL...01731_10101.jcw

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I'd take it to an exhaust shop too. Exhaust work sucks, and it's even worse if you're in the driveway without a lift.

·
Registered
139 Posts
why would you wanna straight pipe a taurus. first its slow enuff, then add this noisy exhaust equals getting laughed at and getting passed by every car on the block.

worthless man....

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
why would you wanna straight pipe a taurus. first its slow enuff, then add this noisy exhaust equals getting laughed at and getting passed by every car on the block.

worthless man....
[/b]
Alot of people on here have exhaust and they are still slow. Hes just taking one step at a time to make it faster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotemain'>

worthless man....
[/b]
Alot of people on here have exhaust and they are still slow. Hes just taking one step at a time to make it faster.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly thanks man you have to improve the car make it your own .. who cares what everyone else thinks u gotta make the car the way you want it to be

1 - 14 of 14 Posts