Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and his cousin had an gen 3 taurus, and decided that it would make the perfect field car. From driving across the plowed fields at 60 km/h didn't do anything. Even a drunk accident with a tree didn't even stop it from running. After multiple roll overs just a pull from a tractor and a turn of the key to get her started.

After hearing all of his stories I was wondering if it is actually possible to kill a bull.

I have had a few incidents with my gen 4 that I would have thought a lot more damages would have happened than what did.

I have sent her in to a ditch because of freshly layed gravel. All that happened was a small dent on the front bumper on the driver side and after a min of pulling grass out of the license plate and grill I just drove her right out of the ditch.

I have hit a huge racoon and all the furry creature did was break that stupid 'chin strap' under the bumper. My friend's sister had a newer civic and hit a racoon and she ended on ripping off the front bumper. So I was happy to figure out that it was something minor as that.

Last winter I was late for supper and ended up hitting an ice patch that sent me over the ditch into a farmer field. I got out checked on the bumper cause there was a hell of a bang when I landed, nope all fine. So then when I thought the ditch was basically no more I took a run at it and it turns out the ditch was still there, it just happens to be a nice snow pile had filled it in. After sending snow flying over the whole car from the impact and finding out I couldn't reverse or drive, I decided that it was time once again to inspect the damages. As it seems will all incidents with my girl no damages, besides the license plate got bent when I was digging out the front end. A call to CAA and I was out of the ditch and on my way to beer and wings. Although the next day I did end up taking her into the garage and they just blew out the snow and said it was all good, so they changed the oil and rotated the tires and I was on my way.

I know everyone has stories like these and I couldn't find a spot on the forums to share these tales. Come on everyone I want to hear your tales of things that should have stopped your raging bull but failed to.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Snow and a curb (two separate occasions) has stopped my Taurus and required a wrecker to tow away.

The Sable, however, was rear ended by a Lumina. I drove away with a broken bumper. The Lumina was totalled.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I've overloaded mine too many times to count.

I ended up in bit of a field / ditch one time. The county forgot to put up a sign that they laid fresh stone on the road. I got halfway through the corner and hit the stone and straight off the road I went.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I would donate a car before trying to destroy it, somone could really use it. As far as driving drunk, I was almost killed by a drunk driver a number of years ago-it isn't worth it. The Vulcan engines are pretty strong, unless you never change the oil.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Because of field of vision i took my first taurus over one of those parking lot planters in a jack in the box parking lot with no ill affects. Although i would have to say that the best way to kill a taurus, would be to unplug the fan and run the AC in summer time, their isnt a bull head gasket in the world that can survive being over heated.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
1992 Taurus Vulcan with 160,000 miles on it at the end. Kansas city, Kansas to Terre Haute, Indiana, 66 weekends in a row, 100mph each way. Killed it.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
In 2004, wife had a 2001 Vulcan. A guy with no license and no insurance pulled out around a parked semi and the wife broadsided him at 45 mph. She walked away with a bruised knee and minor back pain. That Bull gave its life to save hers. I still cant believe she wasnt seriously hurt. The 01 Bull ended up a foot shorter with $11K in damage.... totalled. These cars are built strong (except for the trannies, of course).

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I drove mine to school one night.

Killed it.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Gives new meaning to saggy ass syndrome...

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
Excuise my ignorance, but what is that in the trunk??

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
looks to be a wrecking ball but not positive.

one of my friends in highschool bought a 98 taurus for 200 bucks as her first car it ran and drove just fine but had high miles. she was going down the highway at 55 and didnt realize there was a stop sign ahead and a t so she swerved and whent off the road sidways at about 50mph and it rolled like 5 times, it landed on its wheels didnt even stall one of the rear wheels broke off and one of the front ones blew out but the stupid thing still drove her right out of the corn field and to a house near by. she only had a couple of bruises nothing broken. the car looked like crap but it saved her life. and still stayed alive

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
QUOTE (imafordboi69 @ Mar 3 2009, 02:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704887
Because of field of vision i took my first taurus over one of those parking lot planters in a jack in the box parking lot with no ill affects. Although i would have to say that the best way to kill a taurus, would be to unplug the fan and run the AC in summer time, their isnt a bull head gasket in the world that can survive being over heated.[/b]
I ran mine a whole summer with a thermostat that was stuck shut. It pinged pretty bad all the time and had no power ... but it made it.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Mar 3 2009, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705068
Wrecking ball. It fell off the chain.[/b]
That's about 3 blocks from where I am right now. I should get some pics of where the wrecking ball rolled :lol:

We now have the "Wrecking Ball Cafe" in the library...which is where the whole thing started.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (austex04 @ Mar 3 2009, 02:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704886
I would donate a car before trying to destroy it, somone could really use it. As far as driving drunk, I was almost killed by a drunk driver a number of years ago-it isn't worth it. The Vulcan engines are pretty strong, unless you never change the oil.[/b]
Just to make it clear, in no way do I condone drinking and driving or drinking then driving.

QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Mar 3 2009, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705021

This car will not run anymore....[/b]
It looks like the actual trunk door just has a dent in it. It looks good for having a wrecking ball run in to it.

Just as a side note did anyone ever see that show on t.v. where the guy took an older toyota truck and tried to kill it, by wrecking ball, flooding, building demo etc. ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Mar 3 2009, 02:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704886
I would donate a car before trying to destroy it, somone could really use it. As far as driving drunk, I was almost killed by a drunk driver a number of years ago-it isn't worth it. The Vulcan engines are pretty strong, unless you never change the oil.[/b]
Amen! Donate!

Anyway, I ran my 96 into two deer in Meridian, Mississippi after a 900 mile road trip. It only punched out one headlight and knocked the driver side fender out a bit. I went to a junk yard and got a new headlight assembly for $50 and drove it back to Virginia.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts