Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Have not been here for a while. I have a 2005 SEL. The car alarm keeps going off. I have the car out in the back yard and every now and then the alarm goes off for no reason. Last night it went off about six or seven times. I can shut it off by hitting the panic button twice, but it sometimes will go off again after a while. I live in a small town and I dought I'm making any new friends. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would really like to just unhook the alarm. Any ideas how to do that without losing anything else.
Last night I just unlocked the car using the remote and left it unlocked and it didn't go off after that. If all else fails I guess I can unhook the horn wires, but don't really want to do that.
Any help I can get would be great. TIA

Steve

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Oh is that what that thing is for? I thought it was a switch for the non-existing hood light. Didn't make any sense to me why it was there.

I've heard that locking all the doors manually by pushing the lock pin won't arm the alarm either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again. I have tried using the lock button inside the car and the alarm still goes off from time to time. The strange part of all this is it is just random. It can sit there just fine for hours and all of a sudden the alarm will start to go off. Sure hope someone can help me out here...
Thanks again Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts