Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I seen a red SHO on a small town sales lot. With the hours I work, the lot was always closed (pass it at 6 am on the way to work pass it again at 7 pm on the way home) I had one chance to stop by the lot and by that time the car was gone. The lot owner said he traded it for a horse trailer, he did give me the number of the guy who has it. The lot owner knew it was a SHO, but he deals with mostly older cars - said it has remote start and all kinds of neat stuff for a Taurus. He had some 5-speeds in the past.

I left and called the number but never could get a answer. O well.

It's now back on the lot! I had a chance today to stop by and check it out.

Took video of my experience trying to figure out the remote start. The horn blows!

SHO on sales lot - YouTube

This car is from Connecticut and is rusted bad but runs good. No idea if the cams are welded or not, has 138,000 some odd miles. The lot owner said he didn't have the title back yet and the car would need a body donor if someone did by it. I was told the guy who traded for the car said his wife kept spinning the tires, LOL. I have to many cars and don't plan on buying a rusty V8, even if I can do a body swap (which would be kick ass in a gen 4 Sable!). I figured somebody would be itching to get this before it ended up in a junk yard.

Sonny's auto sales in Blaine, Tennessee 37709 (865) 933-1949

Not far from Knoxville or Morristown, TN. Like I said, at this time it will be a few weeks to get the title. The lot owner doesn't advertise his cars, this is one of those local see it, want it, buy it lots so some cars are on the property for a long time.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'd be all over that if it weren't for my current project.

I'd love to make a V8 Wagon. How much was he asking for it?

·
Administrator
14,915 Posts
I'd be all over that if it weren't for my current project.

I'd love to make a V8 Wagon. How much was he asking for it?
Oh no, now you have me thinking about an 8 in my wagon. Kid haulin demands I have a wagon but doesn't stop me from considering more ponies under the hood.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If it was still in CT I would buy it as a parts car lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
950!? Dang. Yea I bet he's taking a hit.

You should drag it down to your place of business double negative and end the guy's troubles, lol.

I'd buy the hood and trunk lid if they aren't rusted and hail dented. My trunk lid, roof, and hood are littered in hail dents.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
950!? Dang. Yea I bet he's taking a hit.

You should drag it down to your place of business double negative and end the guy's troubles, lol.

I'd buy the hood and trunk lid if they aren't rusted and hail dented. My trunk lid, roof, and hood are littered in hail dents.
You and me both, as well as the occasional HUGE dent from Gail force acorns from the stupid hurricanes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
The lot owner doesn't advertise his cars, this is one of those local see it, want it, buy it lots so some cars are on the property for a long time.
Judging by that 1961 Studebaker Lark, I believe it!:lol2:

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Something tells me the guy paid about $350 for it. Most dealers will look for rust and all that, I doubt he bought a rustbucket for full price.;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lgbpop,

Probably more than $350. Scrap is more than that.

Yes, that looks like a '61 Stude two-door sedan. My father had one back then. I drove it a bit and liked it. It was a 6-cyl, 3-speed on the column. Nice car.

If that SHO (what the thread is about) would go for a couple years, It may be worth $800-900. But if the rust is really bad and has affected it structurally, then it's a parts car.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Something tells me the guy paid about $350 for it. Most dealers will look for rust and all that, I doubt he bought a rustbucket for full price.;)
They usually know what they have when the buy these things. I looked at an 05 Grand Caravan at a 'no advertising' dealer around the corner from me. The underside of the rockers and the front hood lip were rusted to crap. He wanted $4500 for the van so I brought up the rust(cause I did actually like the van and it ran/drove really nice) and he told me "I just got it in and didn't inspect it yet"........ ok........ I then proceeded to tell him that I live around the corner and have seen the van sitting on the lot for over 4 months then walked away cause he was obviously trying to sell off a rust bucket to someone who doesn't know anything.... which is not me!

That being said, I wonder how bad the SHO really is. $950 is a good price. I don't know it looks pretty damn clean to me. Plus it would be the icing on the cake in your stable of Bulls. Hell.... I'd love that SHO!

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Lgbpop,

Probably more than $350. Scrap is more than that.

Yes, that looks like a '61 Stude two-door sedan. My father had one back then. I drove it a bit and liked it. It was a 6-cyl, 3-speed on the column. Nice car.

If that SHO (what the thread is about) would go for a couple years, It may be worth $800-900. But if the rust is really bad and has affected it structurally, then it's a parts car.
Four-door. You can see the B-pillar between the doors, and the rear-door lock buttons on the front edge of the rear doors through the windows. My best friend's dad had one of these. Ugly as heck, not about to win Daytona or Indy but ran forever with little time in the garage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
major
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing