Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though when my car is cold, the cd player will either say bad disc for the cds or either say it is playing the track and then not play the song, or the song will start a lot later. The cd changer is in the trunk so it does get very cold as I live in new england ( single degree temperatures ) Does anyone know a fix besides maybe moving the cd changer inside the cabin? Or if this is even the problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
When it gets cold, stuff just doesn't like to work. Last week it was -25˚ and my CD wouldn't play, either. It's just one of those things.

Moving the CD changer to the cabin might help, depending on how cold it gets. The problem is it's cold. There's not a whole lot you can do.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I have the same problem on an 05 on either the Internal CD or Exterior CD Changer in the trunk (Moreso the interior CD...) What I do is eject the CD, put it at the heater vent for a few, then pop it back in, and works fine. Probably starts to condensate, then freeze...

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
It's the condensation on the Disc that causes the error. You have 2 options...

There's certain CDs that I have which don't skip at all, no matter how much condensation is on them. I'll try and figure out what brand they are.

The other option is just like TaurusKev said, warm up the CDs so they can't collect condensation anymore. It's the cold that's causing it, not a problem with the CD player itself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I guess i'll just bring my cd's in at night then and hopefully that will work I never even thought about the condensation. Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life because it's so very related. My CD changer in the console cubby is always reading Bad CD. Happens whether or not the CD is cold or warm, the car warm or cold. Could it be that the laser has seen better days. Because also sometimes upon starting and closing the engine, the stereo becomes distorted on its own. A new RCU should be on the way since I just purchased the JBL set.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (ivegottheedge21 @ Jan 27 2009, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=696591
It seems as though when my car is cold, the cd player will either say bad disc for the cds or either say it is playing the track and then not play the song, or the song will start a lot later. The cd changer is in the trunk so it does get very cold as I live in new england ( single degree temperatures ) Does anyone know a fix besides maybe moving the cd changer inside the cabin? Or if this is even the problem?[/b]

Yeah it's the cold...you might try to leave the back seats down.. if no one is back there to let some heat into the trunk it worked for me (midwest winters)..worth a try!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
If only this was the case for my car. I'm starting to think it's the actual laser and lens. Probably due for a change soon.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (Enzo731 @ Apr 19 2009, 10:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718946
If only this was the case for my car. I'm starting to think it's the actual laser and lens. Probably due for a change soon.[/b]
An aftermarket head unit is up your alley.

·
Registered
290 Posts
EATC is a conflict. It's the 6cd changer that's causing me grief. Saying bad cd whether warm or not. in the console cubby too.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think it's the changer itself. Anyone have any opinions. 2 cents is much needed in this case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts