Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new speakers in the mail today. Kenwood KFC-6889 3 way speakers. OMG the clarity is crazy. I was listening to Weezer at the time to test the polarity and such and when I plugged it in, I could hear the guitarist's fingers moving up and down the strings changing chords. Sounds like running your finger nail along a plastic zipper...that zzzzziiiiiiiiiipp sound. It's faint, but it's there. Not going to boom them for a week or so so they can break in right (or should I go longer?).

So yeah, 60watts max RMS, 92dB efficiency. Crazy clarity. Definite 2x :thumb:

My only question about the stocks is it says on the back 25Watts, but is that RMS or Peak for the stock speakers?

I took a couple pics, but it's a brand new roll of film, so I'll have them in about 15 pictures. :lol2:

-mobiuslogic

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did it all pro-style. Soldered connections and heat shrink tubing :coolgleam: Might as well do it right once.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
good to hear that everything went well

this is for the back, i assume, right? and everything else is factory, no?

also, i think that the 25W label on the speaker is the actual RMS rating

out of curiosity, have you replaced the head unit as well? that as well makes a difference, at least it was when i put it in my gen3 instead of the factory tape player...sounded better the instant i got the head unit hooked up (could be because of the 45w pre-amp)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Excellent work E! Yeah, I will hopefully be upgrading the speakers in the Taur soon. You have a good combo there with the aftermarket source unit too. Keep up the great work. peace! B)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Aftermarket systems make all the difference. I can hear things on my speakers that I've never heard in music before. I spent a lot of money on my upgrades (and I'm nowhere near finished yet), but I think it was money well spent.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the 3-ways. They utilise a super-tweeter to get their RMS ratings. As Iv'e stated other times, anything above 20KHz you can't hear anyways. The human voice is around 3-5Khz. I have the Kenwood 6879ie's all-around; they are the same speaker without the super-tweeter.

The 25W on the backs of the stocks is probably RMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts