Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head light to the left is a Silverstar :huh: Looks like crap compared to the Redline Xenon 80/100 on the right.

Not sure how long it will last, but OMG is it better. And got it for 1/2 the price of the Silverstars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
More watts=more light. What did you expect?

Are you running a HD harness? If not, you will be replacing some melted wires soon.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got em in a grab box auction. .99 plus some 12ft rockford fosgate twisted RCAs.

Question for any who know: what is the stock wattage of a gen4 headlight?

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I had some high wattage 80/100 bulbs in my 2000 Taurus and it burned out 3 harnesses before I decided to stop being a ricer and just use regular bulbs. :huh:

·
Registered
359 Posts
The 80/100 lights look better on the vehicle, but which give you the best vision at night? I'd wager the Silverstars would, due to their spectrum. Not bashing the 80/100's at all, they look dead sexy. B)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Sep 14 2004, 08:49 PM
And having brighter lights rice, how? :confused:
I dunno, fake HID lights annoy me now because all they do is scatter glaring light all over the place. Mine had WORSE output, especially in the rain because they were the blue tinted style. Dont get me wrong, I dig the Silverstars and plan on getting some again for my 2 cars now.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be a taste preference then. I think the white light, better than the yellow tinted, gives better depth perception. But again, could just be me.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dunno.... the silverstars, when I bought them, were brighter than stock (a bit) though they didnt really impress me.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'll never go back to regular stock bulbs on the bull again. Once I got the Silverstars, it opened a whole new world of brightness and clarity, and it's mucho kick-asso. I like the bright white much better than the yellow tinged...

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Do the Xenon's have hotter bulb temps? Maybe they'll melt the inside of the lense? I have nothing to back this up...just speculation...

JR

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Sep 14 2004, 04:37 PM
It says "stock wiring safe"
:lol:
Remember to take pics, both during and after the harness fire, ok? :p

Seriously, if you're gonna stick with them, definitely look into a HD harness kit.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Sep 14 2004, 09:48 PM
I agree, but the damn Xenon make the Silverstars look yellow :huh:
Every time I switch back to my Mustang after driving my Acura for a couple days I remember how yellow and dull regular headlights are. :blink: :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts