Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, found out that the factory stereo has somewhat of an equalizer in it which cuts back the midbass on higher volume levels and im wondering if it can be disabled, I ask this because I am hoping to put a new hu in and was wondering also if what ever controls this is located in the rcu or the factory hu, if its in the hu i dont have to worry because im bypassing the factory hu completely by running a harness from the rcu to the new deck, thanks.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
You dont have to worry either way because the harness that I sent will bypass the RCU and will allow your aftermarket HU to work as it should; and just to clarify your question: everything is controled by the RCU.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dont have to worry either way because the harness that I sent will bypass the RCU and will allow your aftermarket HU to work as it should; and just to clarify your question: everything is controled by the RCU.
Hmmm, so where the the harness connect, i thought it was one of the bottom harness plugs in the rcu in the rear.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The stock head unit is the RCU. The thing in the dash is a remote control for the RCU. When you buy the aftermarket dash kit, you connect the bare wire end of the harness to the aftermarket stereo's harness. The faceplate that comes with the kit replaces the remote control for the RCU. The long bundle of wires are then routed down the side of the car into the trunk where it plugs into the car's speaker harness, not the RCU. So the dash kit bypasses the stock system and connects the aftermarket stereo to the speakers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock head unit is the RCU. The thing in the dash is a remote control for the RCU. When you buy the aftermarket dash kit, you connect the bare wire end of the harness to the aftermarket stereo's harness. The faceplate that comes with the kit replaces the remote control for the RCU. The long bundle of wires are then routed down the side of the car into the trunk where it plugs into the car's speaker harness, not the RCU. So the dash kit bypasses the stock system and connects the aftermarket stereo to the speakers.
gotcha, I wont personally be using a dash kit, only the harness, but now i have a better idea, i assume the wires for connectivity are the same colors and what not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts