Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car will most likely be sold, so I want to put all the stock stuff back in. Unfortunately, the stock stereo tapedeck only wants to play tape music on the left side.

So I'd like a stock stereo. :D

Offering $15 bucks+shipping.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just barely replaced my 91's stock one and i dont need it anymore if you are still interested i would sell it for the price you are asking plus shipping NP but you still need to have the plugs that go in the back since i didnt hardwire my CD player in i bought a wireing adapter thingy but i think the 91 stereos are the same as the 95's arent they if you can check and want to mine is a 91 taurus LX peace

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. Now all I need to know is whether or not the stereo from the '91 Taurus is the same as the one installed in the '95 Sable. I can just snap the replacement in, the car still has its stock wiring harnesses.

Have any pictures? Or shall I do those honors?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it! That's the one I think I need!

But, guess what? The Sable just threw a rod. That's right. Threw a rod. So, now I'll need some good time to decide if I'll actually need the stereo (most likely). I have to find a used engine for the Sable, and I'll see how much that cost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ha ha that sucks alot but i bet you can pick one up from your local wrecking yard for about 300 thats how much one here is utah was selling a SHO engine for and my friend that owns a junk yard was selling one that the timing chain slipped for 100 i bought the tranny off that car it only had 60 K on it crazy huh they shouldnt be to expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts