Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a replacement stereo for my 99 sable. My problem is all the radios I find have the rotary buttons for climate control and my sable is all push button everything. Something inside is shorted and killing my battery unless I pull the fuse.

·
Registered
22,676 Posts
Cassette tape stuck in the player? Probably need to find an eatc "football" (hvac/radio controls) from a '98/'99 Taurus/Sable. '96/'97 had diff. elec. conn. I'd check a pick-n-pull jy and/or Ebay Motors online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cassette tape stuck in the player? Probably need to find an eatc "football" (hvac/radio controls) from a '98/'99 Taurus/Sable. '96/'97 had diff. elec. conn. I'd check a pick-n-pull jy and/or Ebay Motors online.
No tape stuck. One thing I do see is the clock on the radio has another faded copy of itself just a few pixel lines over to the left so something in the board at least is screwed up. And yes I'll most likely shop scrap yard. Was more hoping for a recommendation for a new replacement. The rotary version of this radio I can find new in box all day long. But not this digital one. That's all. Thsnks

·
Administrator
14,993 Posts
NOS ICP's show up from time to time on ebay & Amazon. I just looked and there's one listed on ebay right now for $175 plus $14 shipping.

Considering on average JY's in my region want anywhere from $75-$125 for (ahem) pre-owned units, that's not really all that bad for a new one. Depending on the part JY prices can swing wildly by region. I've seen posts here in the past where folks in other regions have paid as little as $25 for a replacement. You might try hitting car-part.com to see what parts yards in your area are charging for one to give you an idea how attractive that NOS pricing is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOS ICP's show up from time to time on ebay & Amazon. I just looked and there's one listed on ebay right now for $175 plus $14 shipping.

Considering on average JY's in my region want anywhere from $75-$125 for (ahem) pre-owned units, that's not really all that bad for a new one. Depending on the part JY prices can swing wildly by region. I've seen posts here in the past where folks in other regions have paid as little as $25 for a replacement. You might try hitting car-part.com to see what parts yards in your area are charging for one to give you an idea how attractive that NOS pricing is.
Cool thanks. Forgot all about that website

1 - 6 of 6 Posts