Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 taurus GL with the stock tape deck. I want to know if it is possible to install a stock CD player in that car. I was looking through my ford stereo systems pamphlet that they give you when the car is new and they have a pictre of a stock CD player with just the plain ford stereo system with no coin/cup assembly. I want to know if it is possible to install one with the tape deck unit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cassette looks like the one in the photograph with the CD. The only difference is mine has the eject switch for the cassette in a different spot. I am still thinking about it. I am trying to price this job out and I have 2 questions.

1. Where can I get the connector to connect between the two?
2. I have heard that on fords you need a special radio removal tool where can I get it?

·
Registered
901 Posts
1. conector may be hard to find. A dealership may be able to find you one. You could chech a junk yard but i would say chances are very slim. I have seen the cd players on ebay before so if you don't have the cd player you could check there.
2. The first time I poped out my deck the ford dealership did it for free. The next time they wanted to get money out of me so I bought the tools. The tools are sold in walmart by the wireing harnesses. otherwise small screw drivers or a close hanger would work. I would recomend buying the tools because you wil save yourself a lot of trouble. they only cost a few dolars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts