Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my car ok, with no problem if I don't break. However, whenever I break to a full stop, I can barely turn my steering wheel. It's so stiff. If I release the break a little bit, I can turn the steering wheel as normal. I sent it to Carvers Auto to check, but the guys there can't find anything wrong. I am guessing it's because of low engine rpm. Does anyone run into similar problems too? Any suggestion why? Thanks.

My car is 2000 Ford Taurus SE.

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Joyce Xie @ Jun 3 2010, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809074
I drive my car ok, with no problem if I don't break. However, whenever I break to a full stop, I can barely turn my steering wheel. It's so stiff. If I release the break a little bit, I can turn the steering wheel as normal. I sent it to Carvers Auto to check, but the guys there can't find anything wrong. I am guessing it's because of low engine rpm. Does anyone run into similar problems too? Any suggestion why? Thanks.

My car is 2000 Ford Taurus SE.[/b]

try replacing the trans filter on the i think driver side under the car engine bay . there like 15-20 buck depending where your at it mite be the problem if not maybe the ps pump or the rack it's self.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That would be the powersteering filter. Low fluid level and/or burned fluid can cause similar problems. On my '99 Duratec the the fluid must be right up to the full line on the reservoir.

Popeye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts