Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

This time I'm saying "servus" from Austria already, my move to here went smooth and my Taurus is rolling down the autobahn already as well.

But I got a quick question of something that really bugs me, and what I just noticed when I got here.

The tuning on the car stereo is set to uneven frequencys after the comma from factory. (.,1 - .,3 - .,5 and so on) But almost all the radio station out here are set to even frequencys after the comma.

Is there a way to set this different without putting in a aftermarket stereo?
And if that is necessary, is there a kit to put a aftermarket stereo in, since the climate control and stereo is one piece!?

Thanks for any advise! :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
What year taurus is it? I know both metra and Schoche make a kit for the gen 3 and gen 4's. I have a Schoche kit and love it. Sorry about the tuning, but I am not sure on that one.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
you will need an aftermarket stereo.

If you have the manual climate controls, then you can get the aforementioned scoche or metra kits. I have a G3 scoche kit; you can look in my garage for a pic of it.

If you have the automatic controls, then you will have to do some custom work. Brad (Baby SHO) has done this so you could ask hime for directions.

Good luck to you in Austria.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that!

I'm driving a 2000 Taurus SEL with automatic climate control.

Does anybody have a link to a site?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts