Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at installing an aftermarket steering wheel on my 91'SHO.

What's the best way, outside of removing it, of remounting the cruise control. Also, what's the best hub installation kit to use? I appreciate any help possible.

Thanks, DJ

·
Registered
108 Posts
Subscribed. I was thinking about a new wheel also for my 98. I am wondering what goes on with the airbag.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subscribed. I was thinking about a new wheel also for my 98. I am wondering what goes on with the airbag.
The wheel doesn't have any provisions for airbags, I'm just looking at removing the airbag. My 91' SHO only has a driver's side airbag so it's just a matter of removing the factory wheel(with airbag) and disconnecting the warning light on the IP.

I've learned that I need a mid-90's Mustang Hub Kit, but still looking for ideas as to remounting(or replacing) the cruise control buttons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmm, I like my airbag lol. Even though it may not deploy when I need it, it's still small comfort knowing its there.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I like my airbag lol. Even though it may not deploy when I need it, it's still small comfort knowing its there.
My airbag system has gone on the fritz, so it's spend $500+ to fix it, keep the factory wheel with the airbag not working or go to an aftermarket wheel with a custom design. I decided on #3 option.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts