Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies/Gentleman,

2 days or so ago I was doing the wheel bearing of passenger side front and found my steering rack boot air venting tube went missing-It was there last time I removed the wheels to change the AC compressor pulley 2-3weeks ago, so it has to be the **** "tech" who did the alignment afterwards that removed it for some stupid reason. And its now raining heavily here in north Texas area, I definitely don't want water to get into the steering bellow and damage my new inner tie rod ends or steering rack seal, but have to use the car. (the assembly is working fine so far.) I went to couple junkyards and they only want to sell me the whole rack. W.T.F, and my local dealer don't have it in stock. Is there a way to prevent debris or water from depositing into the steering bellow while I continue to look for a replacement? Thank you very much.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
That tube / pipe isnt anything special... just a pipe. Could fab something up with plastic barbed vac connectors from the parts store and some vac hose for now, get some copper tubing from the hardare store and cut to fit, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts