Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I started my project to remove and replace both front ball joints and struts but I realized I ran into a problem when I took the hub assembly off the front right side (passenger). It appears that when I took my abs speed sensor off, the copper wire came out a bit with it.

How much trouble did I get myself into? Is there a way to get this back in or rig it up to work for a while? Or do I need to buy a new part and what kind (steering knuckle?). I'd preferably like to just stuff it back in their and put the sensor back on when I put the hub back on. Do you guys think that it would function if i just stuffed it back in their or am I wasting my time and need a new steering knuckle?

Thanks for your help. I'm including some pics to clarify what I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
You should be able to replace just the ABS sensor, not the whole knuckle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Stuffing it back together..." will not work. You will need a new ABS sensor. Last one I bought was around $26 for the drivers front. Now whenever I work near any of the ABS sensors, I leave them installed and unplug them at the connector. It seems they always get setup in the bore and break when you attempt to remove them and then your left with a coil of wire several miles long as the guts spill out! :\ .... Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will look around for some sensors then, ill let you know how it turns out in a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts