Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I got my subz hooked up now. Here is what Im runnin...

*Clarion Pro Audio head unit DXZ745MP
*JL Audio 300/2 amp
*2 JL Audio W0-10'z in a sealed box
*4 stock 5X7's (needing to be upgraded soooooon)

The acoustics of this car are freaggin amazing. The bass is so tight and crisp. Everyones jaw drops when I tell em it's two tens.
Im a noob at subs and external amps, so this was a learning experiance for me. Everything went smoothly tho, and all the wires are hiddin nicley, minus a little slack behind the box where I mounted the amp.
Here are some pix of everything. Enjoy.

-Feel free to throw out pointers, suggestions, props, or disses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thats a nice set up there. I myself have one 12 inch pioneer its 500 watts and cost me 40 bucks at walmart. Then my cheap amp is a roadmaster 250 watts, 25 watts rms (laughable I know) but yet I have a wavebox. I come around ppl with 4 12s or 4 10s and they cant believe that Im louder. I hit 141 db the other day I cant wait to get a bigger amp supposely i should hit around 148 with that. The best part is ive only spent 500 dollars on my system and I compare to ppl that have spent in the thousands. Its funny as ****. Also ive talked to a company that might sponsor my car for audio. Because Ive bought nothing but pionneer stuff. What they want to do is take nothing but walmart parts and put them in a car the right way with the wave box technoloy and show ppl what you can do. Mainly because ppl spend like thousands of dollars and It sounds like ****. So ya maybe ill be at nopi next year.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think I've gotta give a :bs: there...25 watts and a single 40$ 12"? hitting 141? I just dont' see how that's possible. my factory system had more than double that power. and its no loud at all

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Hmmmm.... I think you are right something smells like BS here and I don't think it is the food. :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

I think I have found more BS too. Here is 95FORDT signiture

Kill list:
Nissian Frontier - Killed him without moving to second gear.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado - Blew his doors off.
Minsubishi Lancer Rally Edition - Smoked Em.
99 Pontiac Trans Am - Had him for acceleration but owned me after about 80 mph. (Note he was in a higher gear and had to down shift)
2001 Civic Ex - Could have beat him in reverse.
Minsubishi Monteago - I shouldnt have wasted the gas
Nissian Maxima (91-95ish) - High speed chase but in the end I won
Gen 3 Taurus with Vulcan - Showed her what a taurus is made of
Lookin Forward to racin a 79 Monte Carlo

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Nice setup. I'm looking into getting a JL amp for my comps because they have great sq, but I'm leaning more toward Memphis right now. I run a CDT HD-1220 @ 400w RMS in a sealed box right now. It sounds pretty good, very tight bass response, but I'm going to change the box a bit and probably upgrade the amp for it too eventually.

Wave box's are pretty impressive, but I can't see anyone getting 141 db with one with a Walmart Pioneer sub powered by 25w RMS.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Sep 27 2004, 09:28 AM
Wave box's are pretty impressive, but I can't see anyone getting 141 db with one with a Walmart Pioneer sub powered by 25w RMS.
doesn't make any sense. I hit 142, with 2 RF HX2 15" subs and an 1150 watt amp. no walmart pioneer could ever come close.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles+Sep 27 2004, 11:23 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mcgilles @ Sep 27 2004, 11:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-golovko@Sep 27 2004, 09:28 AM
doesn't make any sense. I hit 142, with 2 RF HX2 15" subs and an 1150 watt amp. no walmart pioneer could ever come close. [/b][/quote]
wanna bet? all stereos are 90% install, 10% product. i can easily see a pioneer sub hit 141. i hve seen a pair of 6x9's do 144db. all about the install, you can do amazing things with very little power and very little cone area.

as for that sub, that amp, and a "wave box", no. compression loading boxes such as the bose "wave" design arent that loud. they dont cure cancer. and that roadmaster amp might do 25w RMS if it got hit by lightning. couple that with an amp change yielding 8db rise :rolleyes: , poewr only gets you so far before you hit the wall, then it goes back to enclosure design... so i concur with the flag on this one.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thank you hoss for somewhat clearing it up. I got metered its not bulshit. The wave box does work its fucking amazing. I love the hell out of that thing. However if you use your car for anything like business or travel, dont get one. Mine doesnt clear the rear strut towers so I can maybe fit my back pack in there and thats about it. And yes the sub was 40 bucks at walmart clearence. Ill take a pic of the damn box with the little 40 buck sticker on it if you dont belive me.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Note to all and my sig> the ppl that ive raced are my friends weve done it for fun. They realy dont think my car has any power but its funny when i pull ahead of them.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Sep 27 2004, 06:00 PM
Note to all and my sig> the ppl that ive raced are my friends weve done it for fun. They realy dont think my car has any power but its funny when i pull ahead of them.
The smileys are at your disposal

I like this one <_<

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Sep 26 2004, 06:52 PM
Thats a nice set up there. I myself have one 12 inch pioneer its 500 watts and cost me 40 bucks at walmart. Then my cheap amp is a roadmaster 250 watts, 25 watts rms (laughable I know) but yet I have a wavebox. I come around ppl with 4 12s or 4 10s and  they cant believe that Im louder. I hit 141 db the other day I cant wait to get a bigger amp supposely i should hit around 148 with that. The best part is ive only spent 500 dollars on my system and I compare to ppl that have spent in the thousands. Its funny as ****. Also ive talked to a company that might sponsor my car for audio. Because Ive bought nothing but pionneer stuff. What they want to do is take nothing but walmart parts and put them in a car the right way with the wave box technoloy and show ppl what you can do. Mainly because ppl spend like thousands of dollars and It sounds like ****. So ya maybe ill be at nopi next year.
Weren't you already at NOPI. On Sept. 18th you posted:
Well im about to leave for nopi nationals and im probably the only member going. Too bad but i figured when i get back from the after party sunday ill post every pic i can fit on my superford account.

Why did you get rid of the Kenwood speakers. You know, the ones you had professionally installed. Your post of Aug 29:
I got the fronts done perfessionly because the way the wires are if they start cracking i just go back to Max Audio and they fix them. I put Kenwoods in the doors and it cost me 105 with installation. The backs you can easily do yourself if you do. Just pop off the rear speaker grille with a flat head screwdriver, unscrew old speaker, cut off harness, splice the wires and rescrew in. Repeat step for other speaker.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts